“Good ole country breakfast”
Review of Pancake Shop

Pancake Shop
Ranked #214 of 1,581 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

It was a little more country than I expected. It’s down on Summer Ave in the middle of all of the other cultures, do I was surprised to see a good ole breakfast place still making it. It was a seat yourself environment with cash only policy. They have biscuits, country fried steak, and of course pancakes. I went for the bacon pancakes and it was a good choice. Each bite was filled with smoky bacon taste. They give you 3 full pancakes in a stack, enough even for me. The grits were classic grits, nothing fancy and just the way I like it. The service was polite and southern, probably surprised we didn’t order sweet tea for breakfast. All around loved it and reminded me of home.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I really like their pancakes, but since I got on a diet I switched to their omelettes. They are delicious! Looking at their menu just makes me hungry! Service is always good. The ladies are so nice - looks like a very local place. Remember to bring cash as they don't take debit cards.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We stopped in for pancakes & breakfast for dinner with family. Great biscuits, grits, pancakes and other breakfast diner fare for reasonable price! A long-standing Memphis institution.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Seat Yourself . Waitress came quickly with Menus. I got the "Breakfast Special " which was 2 eggs , hashbrowns , bacon and biscuits . My wife got the Country Fried Steak , hash browns , 2 eggs and biscuits . The meals came quickly and were Very Good . The Staff were courteous and helpful .

Reviewed 7 September 2017

After sometimes a stressful week. My wife and I will on occasion visit the Pancake Shop on the week-end. We always find the food and service to be consistent. I like everything on the menu, but my favorite is the country-ham breakfast. They give you a full-slice of ham, then eggs prepared how you like them. The hash-browns are a must, and not to mention the biscuits and gravy. Once all of this has been enjoyed then it may be time for a nap.

Been to Pancake Shop? Share your experiences!