“Hidden gem with great food in a fun and casual environment”
Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Ranked #17 of 1,457 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Jacksonville, Florida
“Hidden gem with great food in a fun and casual environment”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

When I walked into this restaurant and saw the menu on the wall, I expected a huge disappointment because almost everything was fried. There were several grilled fish entrees, but usually they are not so great at places that specialize in fried food. I am so glad I didn't turn around and walk out, because I was wrong! I asked the friendly guy taking the order which of the fist were not frozen, and he said the grilled salmon, so that is what I ordered. It came with grilled zuchini and squash (not previously frozen), rice, and the perfect amount of red beans. Everything was fabulous, including the $10.99 price. I had a slice of key lime pie, and it was great as well. This is one of the best meals I have had in the past couple of weeks. Looking closer at the menu, I noticed that there was a pretty huge variety of seafood.

The service is the type where you order your food at the register, and they page you when it is ready for you to pick it up. The walls are covered with entertaining pictures and items. I would definately go here again and recommend it to anyone, because it has a fun and casual environment and the food was amazing.

• Visited February 2012

Spanish Fort, Alabama
“Couldn't believe I was in Memphis!!”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We had just pulled into Memphis on a Friday around 1 for my nephew's wedding and wanted something close to the Doubletree to eat lunch. The front desk gave us a few recommendations and after walking past a few places we decided to give the Flying Fish a try. Since we live on the Alabama coast we were a little hesitant to eat seafood in Memphis. We were VERY pleasantly surprised. My wife got a fried shrimp basket and I got a fried shrimp Po Boy and both were excellent. We couldn't believe we were getting seafood this good in Memphis. We ate lunch there again on Monday before heading home and it was just as good. I highly recommend!!!

1 Thank rogw60
Marietta, Georgia
“seafood paradise”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

The variety of seafood is diverse. raw oysters, peel and eat shrimp, cajun fare, all kinds of fried and grilled seafood. Something for all seafood lovers. The atmosphere is laid back and casual. The drinks are refillable.
Location is across from the Peabody and 2 blocks from Beale St, for those who want something other than BBQ.
The food was delicious, I will definately go back again and again

3 Thank ZETA333
Tennessee
“Variety of seafood choices..”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Great place across from the Peabody. Love the boils they do, especially the crawfish when in season. Also a great selection of domestic/imports for buckets of peer. Good people watching by windows.

Visited October 2011
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Ate grilled and my stomach still likes me”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I was afraid to eat here since so much is made of the food is fried. But they have a grilled section that was an excellent choice. We did a combination of grilled grouper and raw oysters. Perfect choice. Fun atmosphere. Could be intimidating to those walking off street, but very well done, good eating and friendly.

1 Thank James P

Been to Flying Fish? Share your experiences!