“Great barbecue ”

Ranked #17 of 1,556 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

A great place to get Memphis BBQ! They were very busy but fast with our orders. The sides were average but definitely a great place for pulled pork or chicken.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,475)

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Popped in for an early dinner before leaving town. Nice deck that is dog friendly with plenty of fans on a hot summer's day. Walk in and place your order. Have your ID ready if you want to order a beer. Be ready to order when you step up - they like to push folks through fast. The inside is air conditioned (don't leave the door open). The food is tasty, but needs more smokey flavor, IMO. I had the nachos and my husband had the large BBQ sandwich and mac-n-cheese. Mine was good, but not great. His was very good, especially the mac-n-cheese. The meat/food was a bit cold when we got it, which is odd on such a hot summer's day and the fact that it did come out rather quickly. You have a number that you place on the table & they deliver the food out to you by number. I'd go back, but I'd try something different.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

From Cali, so we don't get real BBQ that often. Small place, but tables turn quickly and they are well attended to. Ate here after Graceland. RIbs were off the chart good. I mean really good. Wow. Had the turkey, sausage, and brisket too, but the ribs were my favorite here.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Came after hearing good reviews, and we agree,this is good bbq! The ribs were delicious, very tender, got half wet and half dry. Both kept our group happy. Got a side of beans which were good. And we had a side of pork rinds that were devoured! Crunchy! And not too salty! A couple next to us ordered the peanut butter pie and it looked so good we decided to order one, and a cheesecake! They were both enjoyable.
My only warning is to take care inside as the floor was very slippery so take care inside.
It was good! Now I need a nap!

1  Thank AandCtravels
Reviewed 21 June 2018

A friend told me this was a "must" in Memphis so I dropped by for a quick bite. The parking lot was jammed but I found a spot towards the back. A security guard patrolled the property and there were signs everywhere cautioning about not leaving valuables in the vehicle. I went inside and followed the signs to order before finding a table (there was only one open). Since I was by myself, I went to the bar and sat after ordering. Great service and the food was very good. Definitely recommend the pulled pork with cole slaw. My only mistake was not ordering the large sandwich.

Been to Central BBQ? Share your experiences!