“Good value and nice atmosphere”
Review of The Kings Head

The Kings Head
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Llandovery
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Called in to The Kings Head at lunchtime on a Saturday and a Sunday whilst visiting Llandovery.
We were greeted by the friendly barman who I think may have been the landlord, and offered a table and some menus. He also took our drinks order so we didn't need to go to the bar.
The food was good and the atmosphere relaxed.
On Sunday, the Sunday lunch was excellent value, although my son's chicken korma was a little on the pricey side at £12.95, but it was well presented, tasty and good quality so no complaints.
I had a pint of Doom Bar ale and it was one of the best pints I've had in a long time. So many pubs serve real ales ice cold which totally spoils them. This pint was served at just the right temperature.
A nice pub, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights, mix up through Booking .come re rooms eventually sorted.
Rooms nice side and functional.The bathroom had instant hot water which is a change from most places .The biggest complaint was the noise which with it being an old building transmitted all noise from the down stairs bar and also from the adjoining bedrooms.It was like having extra people in the room.
To me the biggest problem was the hard pillows which ruined my two nights sleep.That is maybe my own personal preference but I did ask on two occasions to see if they could be changed but nothing was done or maybe the housekeeping could not find one.
On the plus side the bar and restaurant food was great and tasty and the waiting on and bar staff were lovely and helpful.
We had to leave very early on the Sunday morning and after asking the night before if they could make us something to take away for a breakfast they provided a bag of goodies to take for breakfast which was much appreciated
I had lamb ribs which was most tasty and my friend had a double cheeseburger which he struggled to finish as there was so much of it.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The food was very good with a decent size menu. The decor is a little dated, but everything else is great. The owner and staff were very friendly

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here for our tea. While we waited for service to start we relished in 2 pints of Gower Gold.
We had a beef burger which could have been a little thicker and Steak Pie. The pie was a proper pie not a stew with a lid. The chips were a little soggy and seemed to be over cooked. But overall very happy.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Popped in for a drink. They have a nice menu and the prices are really good. We had a toasted sandwich & chips for £4.95. The also have a specials board. Worth a try if you are in Llandovery