“Bad experience would not consider going here again.”
Review of Tyddyn Llan

Tyddyn Llan
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Llandrillo
Price range: US$89 - US$90
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I can see lots of good reviews and I am sure the food is usually very good but unfortunately our experience was a bad one which ultimately ruined our planned weekend in North Wales. Our main course was so bad that neither of us could eat more than a few mouthfuls and what we did manage to eat gave us both Diarrhea. Instead of offering any form of apology Bryan Webb (head Chef ) all but threw us out of the Hotel. We are currently in an ongoing dispute with Bryan Webb/Tyddyn Llan. We will never consider going here again.

9  Thank brogan t

Reviewed 22 September 2017

This restaurant is clearly "old school". We had the Friday Gourmet menu. All the courses were perfectly prepared classic style dishes. All about letting the quality of the ingredients shine through.
Fine dining done well

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Went for Sunday lunch. All exceeded expectation for the price. Would go at least monthly if I lived closed. I am not a fish person but ordered place and it was the best I have ever had. Wine extensive and reasonably priced. Is Sunday is this good the tasting menu must be spectacular.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We eat here regularly and always have an excellent meal. What we particularly like is its lack of pretension, nothing blingy here! The menu is always interesting and often includes dishes that are hard to find elsewhere - sweetbreads, calves liver, pigs trotters. Plenty of interesting fish dishes too. It was a real struggle deciding what to order but currently it is lobster and grouse season so that is what we had. Lobster delicious and not overwhelmed by the delicate sauce, grouse served pink as it should be. Yummy game chips. Good choice.
It is always worth saving space for puddings. We can recommend Baked Alaska and the summer pudding. But if pannacotta is on have that - Bryan does the best one I've ever eaten anywhere.

1  Thank CaroXB
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We were a party of 6 and enjoyed a six-course tasting menu at Tyddyn Llan. The food was very nice and we loved the seabass. The service was a bit awkward in the beginning, when we were seated in the lounge area for aperetifs and amuse gueule, but as soon as the chef's wife, who is responsible for the service arrived, we felt a warm welcome.
We had a nice evening and enjoyed the food which is not overpriced for regional good quality products.
I don't particularly like foams and all sorts of fancy stuff and we didn't get this, but I'm still not quite sure, although I liked the restaurant, whether it is outstanding enough to be awarded a Michelin Star rating. On the other hand, the price for the six courses would have been higher in most Michelin Star restaurants.

3  Thank TheDailyCrumpet