“A sumptuous feast”

Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2017

We found the service from arrival to dining to departure to be professional and attentive.

The tasting menu that we chose was very interesting and delicious, a change of course request regarding a food allergy was well taken care of.

It felt like a very special treat, the presentation of the food and each mouthful was savoured.

Lovely dining rooms and a comfortable living room to take a drink while make your menu choices.

Look forward to returning there again in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Tyddyn Lan welcomes you with the style of a well kept welsh country house, a warm lounge with an open fire where to sit and nibble from the canape which consisted of scotch eggs, smoked salmon and cheese and crispy seaweed. We were also given the menu to order so when we sat at the table the food came promptly.
A nice dining lounge with natural light with only few tables, gave our lunch a relaxed and enjoyable environment.
My starter, a smoked salmon terrine with finely sliced cucumber and a horseradish cream. The salmon was simple but very nice, a core of cooked salmon trimmings enclosed in a frame of smoked raw salmon.
My partner's, a sort of cold aubergine timbale with mint yogurt which we both thought would have been better hot.
My main, Shropshire venison cooked in port and orange, absolutely delicious and tender served with the creamiest mash ever.
My partner's main was a cut of roast welsh beef with a Yorkshire pudding. This could have been a bit more intriguing as you expect also a clever or a original twist from a michelin starred restaurant.
They also brought the following: baked potatoes, fried courgette and a leek and cauliflower cheese bake.
We had two glass of wine which weirdly were brought to the table rather than been poured at the table, as I am used to see in the majority of restaurant: been shown the label, and sometimes also been asked if I liked the wine.
The desserts (shown in pictures) were a damson soup with vanilla ice cream and a baked cheese cake with poached figs.

2  Thank Marcello D
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

A bit more attention to detail on arrival would improve the experience, we were directed to the lounge, but there was no offer to take my wife's coat, we were asked twice for our name, but once past these little things the experience was great, the quality of the food is what you would expect from a restaurant of this standard, we went for the three course menu, but we also had canapes on arrival, and a tureen before the three courses, plus little sweet treats with the coffee, well worth a visit

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Sunday lunch and time to take a mature lady out. Where better than a comfortable, professional and quiet restaurant in lovely surroundings? It's a rhetorical question. Nowhere better. As usual, it was all those good things.
The Sunday lunch menu is a bargain and has things you would expect like roast beef and seasonal dishes like grouse. Fish too. The trouble with picking from the menu is choosing. Too many good dishes!
There's a decent choice of wines by the glass at prices not over scandalous. Plenty more to choose from by the bottle is you want to spend more.
The restaurant has taken to adding an optional 10% charge. As it happens the service is always good so it hasn't been and wasn't an issue for me. Interesting though and I wonder what others think. Is it really reasonable to expect a 10% uplift on a bottle of wine with a list price of say £50, costing the restaurant perhaps £17 (that's a guess)? As I say, overall, for the quality of food and service, the restaurant charges are reasonable. I love going there and I'll go again - and again.

1  Thank AlanShropshire_12
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I can see lots of good reviews and I am sure the food is usually very good but unfortunately our experience was a bad one which ultimately ruined our planned weekend in North Wales. Our main course was so bad that neither of us could eat more than a few mouthfuls and what we did manage to eat gave us both Diarrhea. Instead of offering any form of apology Bryan Webb (head Chef ) all but threw us out of the Hotel. We are currently in an ongoing dispute with Bryan Webb/Tyddyn Llan. We will never consider going here again.

6  Thank brogan t