“Good food but black cod confusion”
Review of The Coconut Kitchen - CLOSED

The Coconut Kitchen
Price range: US$24 - US$47
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Coconut Kitchen, located in the village of Abersoch in Wales, is renowned for its fresh, aromatic Thai cuisine. The dining room at The Coconut Kitchen - decorated with Oriental lamps and dark wooden furniture ��� overlooks the harbour and has a warm, intimate vibe perfect for cosy dining, and the restaurant is a popular place for dates, nights out with friends and dinner parties. We love the innovative menu, and popular dishes include the char-grilled coriander sirloin steak with a garlic and chilli sauce served with stir-fried greens and sweet potato crisps; the King Prawn Panang Curry cooked in a creamy red curry sauce with lime leaves and Thai sweet basil; and the delicious lemongrass and ginger cr��me brulee.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It was the last night of our mini break and we decided to book Coconut Cove. We had been here several years on the run before it had changed hands and it was always very good. I had looked at the menu prior to coming and had picked black cod - a favourite of mine. When I asked for it when the waiter came to take my order, I was told they didnt have any. I then panic picked weeping tiger steak which wasnt an option either. The young male waiter was quite rude and spoke down to me infront of my family telling me he had already said this wasnt on the menu (which he hadnt)!!!! I then picked a stir fry dish which was extremely spicey but very nice. Our starter was also lovely - a sharer of satay, wings, spring rolls and fish cakes. What confused and annoyed me was after being told black cod was unavailable....I clearly watched a man order and get some black cod! Why was I not allowed it and he was!? Food was lovely but was just annoyed at the black cod situation. Things shouldnt be on the menu if not available yet it was for the one man half an hour after me.

1  Thank Kirstie D

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed an afternoon in Abeesoch dropping in for some delicious Thai food before leaving in the evening.

The food was tasty in a nice cosy environment. Highly recommended if you ever visit Abersoch.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Had a fabulous meal with friends. The food is awesome and beautifully presented. Staff are friendly and helpful. This is one of my very favorite eateries. The Tom Kah soup with king prawns is amazing.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Absolutely love the restaurant and although I complain that the prices are a little high to your ordinary Thai restaurant that clearly does not put people off as this place is packed all year round!! We tend to wait to go until out of season as without booking weeks in advance you get a table at a much more reasonable time.
Food is delicious and very popular- they are obviously getting it very right!

A more sensibly priced takeaway menu or second takeaway restaurant would be fab in the village!

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a two night stay in Abersoch during half term. We wanted to go to the restaurant on Wednesday evening but it was closed so we booked the following afternoon to visit on Thursday instead. The menu was varied and it boasted so many great options, the only difficulty was choosing. After an appetiser of Thai crackers, my wife and I shared a couple of starters which were large enough and started the meal in style.

We then both ordered noodle dishes and mine (pictured) was a show-stopper. The crispy noodles were very eye catching and the dish was as tasty as I have ever had in a Thai restaurant.

As I left, I had one regret only...The Coconut Kitchen is a 4 hour drive from home if I want to go back.