US$132
Hotels.com
The Bull(Beaumaris)
US$140
  • Restaurant
Castle Court Hotel(Beaumaris)(Great Value!)
US$83
  • Bar/Lounge
US$119
The Liverpool Arms Hotel(Beaumaris)(Great Value!)
US$77
Y Delyn(Beaumaris)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdecanter of sherrytravelzoo dealdeluxe roomfour poster bedexcellent foodsmall hotelhakethe main streetcooked to perfectionon arrivalfirst classfriendly hotelcar parktwo nightsfeel very welcomecosy barcourse meal
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Pleasant stay with Hazel and co recently. This is a friendly (well, apart from the dog, careful with your fingers!) guest house / hotel and the rooms are comfortable / pretty much what you would expect having read the website - plus a few nice touches such as a complimentary decanter of sherry, plenty of coffee/biccies and a "welcoming" choccy bar in the room.

The hotel is centrally located & also one of the few with own parking I suspect. In the case of the Bishopsgate, the carpark is a secluded and private one - the only likely interference is from above (not Divine intervention - think seagulls that have over-indulged)!

Although the chef clearly has some talent, particularly with a fish, we found the dining experience mixed and were a little less thrilled than the average reviewer, it would appear. The veg with our dinner was insubstantial and cool. It was also a bit disappointing to be asked to come to dinner later than "the 7pm rush", acquiesce, then find that we get shoved in a corner when most of the restaurant was empty. This was apparently due to the tables already being laid for breakfast. Ironically, this also happened on one of our mornings - of course because the tables were already laid for dinner.....

None of this is a life & death matter and, as others have commented, the staff are friendly & helpful. Had we made a fuss, no doubt something would have been done - but this is always the last resort. This turned into a lose/lose situation as we curtailed our order to one course when we would certainly have gone for the works if feeling more comfortable; and we ate out the next night, which had not been "plan A".

On the other hand, breakfasts were excellent - the chef once again demonstrating a deft touch with a fish.

All in all, this was a nice stay, and BHH is a good base from which to explore the town/island. We suspect we just had a bit of an unfortunately timed visit when staff were absent and the remainder under pressure. However, like most people, we put up with that sort of stuff in our own jobs and, when away on hol, prefer to forget all that.

Room Tip: If stairs are an ordeal, make sure you mention this when booking as the top floor rooms are up quite a tight flight. Front rooms have partial view but are probably noisier.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Recently returned from Bishopsgate, great location, friendly welcome although not from all staff (except when manager present), hotel is in desperate need of redecoration and a good clean! Rooms are very tired and dated, carpets and curtains were dirty and stained, bathroom with wallpaper and carpet not very nice at all! After paying extra for a superior room we did not expect to be in a very tired/dirty room at the back of the hotel with only a small loft type window. Shop around there are much better places for a more reasonable rate.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duxy77
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my Beaumaris visit at this great, friendly hotel. I also can't say enough about the restaurant's tremendous food. Being from the US, I really appreciated the excellent coffee served in a French press! Proprietor has a great eye for detail and makes sure the guests are well taken care of. I still think about the salmon I had for dinner one night--best I've had in a long time!

Room Tip: Speak to Hazel, the proprietor, for best recommendation.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I have stayed in this lovely quaint hotel a few times, and each time we have eaten in their first class restaurant, the food is out of this world, the staff are very friendly and polite and nothing is to much trouble. I would highly recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone, it is a credit to the owners Hazel and Denise.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 29 May 2012

If you want a short break or a longer stay on Anglesey,then I can recommend Bishopsgate House Hotel in Castle Street,Beaumaris.I have stayed there countless times.

The hotel has a welcoming atmosphere about it.Hazel & her team-the ones I know are Nathan,Mel & Debbie-are friendly & helpful.Nothing is too much trouble.There is also Polly the cat,who is a great lap-warmer!.Regular guests are teated as friends.Bishopsgate is a winner in the Anglesey Tourism Awards 2012,& rightly so.

The bedrooms,(& I have stayed in 7 of the 9),are clean,comfortable & tastefully decorated.There is a comfortable lounge & well-stocked bar.

One of the highlights of my stays there are the evening meals in the very pleasant restaurant.The food is excellent.Italways seems a shame to cut into the presentation,but somehow I manage it!.

When my stay comes to an end & I leave,I am already looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice & comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo