“Everything you need for a relaxing break”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 'The Hideaway'

German first
Any
mickmcmur...
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Everything you need for a relaxing break”
Reviewed 23 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The Hideaway is everything you need for a relaxing break. The flat is located at the back of the owners house and has its own private veranda. The owners are on hand to help with as much or as little advice as you want on local attractions, places to eat etc. The Hideaway is finished to a very high standard, so the fittings are all great and it is very comfortable. Unlike some other places I have stayed, everything you need is provided so you can cook a proper meal in the flat if you wish.
Benllech has a lovely beach, which is only a couple of minutes walk down the road from the flat - (certainly no more than five minutes even uphill on the way back!). It's a quiet resort, so not overrun with amusement arcades etc and beautifully relaxing. You can take an easy walk along the sandy beach to Red Wharf bay (to the pub etc) at low tide).
I had never been to Anglesey before and was amazed how beautiful it is - Benllech is well placed if you want to drive to other parts of the island or nearby attractions on the mainland.
More than happy to recommend this to anyone who wants a quiet break away - will be going back myself sometime in the future.

23 Jul 2017
Thank you for your very kind review and we look forward to seeing you again very soon I'm the future. Kind regards. Rob
Debbie K
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 19 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

This was a gem of a find. Spent 4 nights here to have a bit of 'me' time and couldn't have chosen anywhere better. Everything brand new and very tasteful as well as incredibly comfortable, especially the bed. I didn't cook, but looking through the cupboards I could see that it was fully stocked with every implement you would need. The sitting out area is really private and a fabulous comfortable place to sit and have a drink, whether it be coffee in a morning or a wine at night. Rob and his family are delightful people who made me feel very welcome. Plenty of parking and only a 2-3 minute walk to the beach. I stayed here on my own and so was glad of she feeling of safety that having the family on site if I needed them gave me.

All in all is a fabulous place run by lovely people in a great location and a fantastic price. What more could you want. I will certainly be back.

20 Jun 2017
Thank you so much for your fab review. Really looking forward to having you stay and chill out with us again. Kind regards. Robert & Lorna
Shrewsbury
Reviewed 7 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The accommodation .
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Older travelers
20 Jun 2017
Thanks for the wonderful review! Blushing now! I hope to see you again very soon. Best wishes. Robert
David W
“A home from home experience.”
Reviewed 6 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

My husband and I had a short break at The Hideaway and were made to feel very welcome and comfortable. Spotlessly clean and well equipped, you could not of wished for more.

Liked best: Cleanliness.
Liked least: Going home
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
6 Nov 2016
Thank you so much for your kind review - I look forward to seeing you both again soon. Kind regards
Robert
Jodielu80
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Great appartment, great service, great holiday!”
Reviewed 24 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This review is long overdue and well deserved! My wife, daughter and I stayed at the Hideaway in August when our daughter was 18 months old.

The apartment is beautifully decorated with everything you could need for a stay, including an amazing picnic set which became our mainstay for the trip! There was also; windbreaks, a bbq, a slide for our daughter and an bucket and spade!! Other notable features were; - excellent high pressure show and good sized bath. Excellent internet connection; travelling with a toddler we were back home for 7pm most evenings and were able to use our Amazon fire TV stick to stream from netflix etc, unlike most holiday apartments that advertise internet connection we got a dedicated connection with a solid 40-30mbps and were able to watch HDTV every evening on an excellent 32" HDTV. The sofa is also a double recliner (electric) which made relaxing with a glass of wine perfect. For those travelling with small children there are also no steps in the apartment meaning no travelling with stair gates or watching like a hawk!!

The location of the apartment is amazing. It is on the beach road and approximately 200m walk to the beach. This really removes the stress of getting to the beach with a toddler as a forgotten nappy/changing back/cream/change of clothes is fetched in 5 mins! There are various mini supermarkets and stores within a walking distance and an Asda and Waitrose within a 15 min drive. Benllech is a great position for exploring the Island and Snowdonia by car and is on the costal path (it's literally round the corner!). It is around a 20 minute drive to Bangor, and about 35 to Caernarfon and LLanberis.

Robert and family could not be more friendly and accommodating, particularly to our daughter. As well as plenty of great tips about places to take our daughter to (all of which she loved) we had our washing done, help with my car that suffered a fairly serious mechanically issue on the journey and pretty much anything else that we could have asked for!
I would fully recommend the Hideaway to anyone planning a break with a toddler, or as a couple in this part of the world and hope that the three of us will be able to visit again n 2017.

Liked best: 2 Minute walk to the beach
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
26 Oct 2016
Thank you so much for your superb review. I'm so glad I could have helped with the car - I hope you have got everything sorted now !
As you have found out - we are 'family' people. We adore children and we will always do everything we can to make a holiday an enjoyable and memorable experience.
We really look forward to seeing you again. Kindest regards from the Clayton family (and Bailey!)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$105
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing