“Gorgeous fresh fish and lovely staff”

Y Wygyr Fish & Chip Shop & Licensed Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Cemaes Bay
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Traditional fish and chips 5 stars establishment member of the national federation of fish friers ltd . Award winning fish and chips since 2008.Opening times are restricted due to no main line gas which is needed to operate the Frying Range ,so we have to use low pressure gas hence the opening times. Open Tuesday to Saturday. Lunch time 12pm to 2pm, evening 5pm to 8pm.
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Went here tonight for a fish and chip supper. Well it certainly deserves it's award. Delicious food. Lovely chips and the cod was so moist and flaky. Mmmmmmm. Wish we lived locally!!!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Well worth queuing for!!! Fresh fish , not too much batter, lovely crispy scrummy chips. What more could you ask for after a mornings walk around lovely Cemaes Bay. Not the cheapest around but certainly the best ! Not to be missed

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I don't normally eat fish from a chip shop, my go-to meal is sausage and chips however my sister insisted and I am glad she did. Cooked fresh to order the haddock was delicious and the batter light and crispy. Our order was quite large (feeding 8) and rather than mess around with who wants salt and vinegar we were kindly given a pot of salt, a bottle vinegar and ketchup. What fantastic food and what fantastic service. And incase I did not like the fish I did order sausages as well, although not needed they were delicious.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Just a short walk from the harbour hotel bit pricey for food but cooked well and served with a smile.Its better to pay a bit more and enjoy the food rather than throw it away

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Tried hard...and the lady that was serving was very pleasant and efficient. I had chicken tikka....but it was more like tandoori chicken ...it was ok, but not the best....filled a hole. Hubby had traditional fish and chips, which I wished I had had.