Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Lovely little find on a rainy day

Had a fab time here today, children thoroughly enjoyed pottery painting and candle making. Lovely... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2018
LCookie
Blackpool, England
via mobile
What a gem!

What a little gem we found on a rainy day in Wales. Look and you'll miss it though. Could do with a... read more

Reviewed 26 August 2018
Ryan P
via mobile

All reviews candle making pottery painting hen party candle dipping lovely afternoon cream tea school room rainy day explained everything hour and a half few hours anita workshop session wax taught fragrance
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Called here while visiting the area Anita made us feel very welcome even though we hadn’t booked. Enjoyed making the candle and chatting

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank graysandge
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

My mother bought me an afternoon candle-making workshop gift voucher for Christmas and I went with no knowledge or expectations. Being local, I was able to go in low season - and I conclude that this activity is a great addition to Anglesey’s many creative attractions.

The location is by Dwyran, on the corner at the end of the long straight (that one coming from Newborough where you go left at the roundabout and pass the Marram Grass Cafe and Model Village). Turn left on the bend and park in front of the church.

The studio is a converted Victorian school room and up some exterior stone steps so not fully accessible if you have mobility issues.

My adult session (a morning) was taught by Anita and was well structured, with time to chat to my fellow attendee over coffee. My workshop was an introduction to 3 different ways of making heated wax candles, and over 3 hours I made a pillar candle to my own choice of colour and fragrance, a scented jar candle, some scented wax melts and two free-standing flower candles.

Anita offers pottery painting and cold-modelling-wax candle moulding for little ones, also candle dipping, tea-cup and cupcake candle workshops, Christmas candle workshops, and during the season, drop in sessions for passing families, as well as hen/birthday/work/school outing groups and she will include tea and scones by prior arrangement.

She also sells candles she designs and makes herself, some inspired by Newborough pebbles, so the studio is also worth a visit to find unique gifts even if you don’t want to try your hand with the wax.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Just two of us were lucky enough to have Anita to ourselves last Saturday on a pre-booked class. Anita was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. She provided expert candle-making tuition and enabling us to take home a 'clutch' of goodies we had made ourselves. Anita explained the different types of candle wax and why we were using the different types for our candles and she gave us a wide choice of colours and fragrance. The creation of the 'flower' shape candle was intricate and rewarding.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Thanks Anita for having us at your studio!! We were stuck for rainy day activities, and you kindly fit us in for a lovely afternoon of ceramic painting in your beautiful studio! You were very welcoming and sold some beautiful candles - I can't wait to use the one I purchased!! Thanks again,

1  Thank Suzanne H
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Great 2 hour Christmas workshop to celebrate my birthday today. Very relaxed, plenty of tea and biscuits, Anita was very welcoming and explained and demonstrated really well.

Date of experience: November 2017