Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

chrissara...
Nantwich, Cheshire
“Great location, terrible cleanliness and poor response to complaint”
Reviewed 2 December 2020 for a stay in July 2020
people found this review helpful

Booked through Menai Holidays (Sykes) but after complaining to them it was a complete waste of time, which was ultimately ignored.

I called them and spoke to Justin on 31/07/20 which I followed up with an email and clear photographs of all the issues experienced. I then chased them up on a number of occasions but never ever got anywhere with my complaint and ultimately became disillusioned with the company. This was very sad as we have used them / Sykes on a number of occasions previously.

The only response we received from you was a false accusation that we had brought a dog to the house and that pet hair had been found in the hoover which is nonsense as not only do we not have a dog but judging by the state of the property on arrival we doubt the house was ever cleaned to such a degree that anyone would investigate the contents of the hoover bag!

Our initial compliant related to the following points and pictures were supplied:
1) Floors very dirty (our white socks became black very quickly!)
2) Patio area untidy and full of tall weeds
3) outside seats and benches covered in moss
4) Mouldy utensils found in dishwasher
5) Mouldy cheese grater in cupboard which had obviously been put away full of cheese and made cupboard mouldy too!
6) Oven set off smoke alarm due to oil / fat in tray from previous Tennant.
7) balcony area covered in moss - lethal when wet! Just needed cleaning!
8) Broken glass in cupboard
9) Downstairs door handle latch not fully opening causing people to get locked in and only brute force From the outside could open it. Children or females would get trapped inside.

Overall this was far far from what we have come to expect from using Sykes. In these unprecedented times cleanliness should be absolute paramount and in this property is was way off the acceptable mark especially at this price point.

In response to the owners 'DOG' hair claim we replied on the 20/08/20 with the following (to which we still haven't received any reply):

Case Ref: 174588

I cannot believe the owners response in your email given the information & photos which I sent to you! I am astonished that they should suggest that they found pet-hair in the hoover and therefore refuse to consider compensating us for the issues that we experienced. We DO NOT EVEN HAVE A DOG! To accuse us of taking a pet to their property is absurd and after the cleanliness issues we experienced in the property (filthy floors, mouldy utensils left in the dishwasher, mouldy cheese grater left in the cupboard for months, oven dish filled with grease) for them to claim they found pet hairs in the hoover is ridiculous – I doubt very much anyone cleans the property to that degree based on our experience!

As I said on the telephone this morning we are not serial complainants and only felt the need to in this instance based on the fact we were the 1st people back in the property since lockdown and it was clear no efforts to clean or prepare the property had been made. The patio had weeds 2ft tall, seats & benches were covered in moss and the balcony area unusable due to moss etc.

We have used Menai / Sykes cottages on a number of occasions in the past and have always been delighted with no need to complain but in this instance I find your response and that of the owners completely unacceptable. As acting agents for the property you have a responsibility to your customers that properties are as described, clean and safe. This property was not clean and had safety issues (balcony area, broken glass, faulty toilet door lock) which given the current situation we all find ourselves in is totally unacceptable.

Date of stay: July 2020
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
14 Jan 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment in the property and our service.

I can see that we have been in contact with you directly regarding the issues to mediate between yourself and the owner. I am very sorry that we were unable to find a satisfactory outcome for you on this occasion. I can see that we have advised you of the next steps.

We value all feedback whether it be positive or negative as it allows us to ensure that our high standards are being maintained. I can confirm that we have been working alongside the owner to ensure that the issues highlighted have been rectified for future bookings.

Again, My sincerest apologies that you have been unhappy with the service provided.

Take care and stay safe!

Lauren.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.