“Very disappointing, used to be so good.”
Review of The Oyster Catcher

The Oyster Catcher
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Rhosneigr
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Oyster Catcher is the ultimate beach side venue. With a distinctive character, vibrant atmosphere and fantastic food, it's an iconic Anglesey landmark.
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The menu has changed for the worse and the service was poor, sort it out please because your venue deserves better - like it used to be

5  Thank 46Rosie46
Write a ReviewReviews (1,905)

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I go to the Oyster catcher quite often as it is close to where I live. The setting is beautiful but the quality of the food varies every time. The menu used to be more adventurous and varied but now it is typical pub grub which can be a bit disappointing at times and is not always well cooked. The staff are very pleasant so it's a shame the food doesn't always come up to scratch

1  Thank alintysn
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Called in for a meal mid -week and easily got a table. The waiter was friendly and showed us to our table and explained about the "specials" The food was excellent -the best we had tasted in a long time. It was well cooked and beautifully presented. I had fish of the day served with a lemon sauce which just made the dish. Asparagus and the roasted new potatoes served with it I thoroughly enjoyed. My husband had fillet steak- again excellently cooked, served with the best chips he'd tasted in a long time.We followed this with two delicious panna cottas served with two home made short bread biscuits. The atmosphere was relaxing and the staff attentive. We will be back!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

My other half and I have eaten quite a few times here (most recently in the last week) and I can honestly say it is disappointing every time.
The food has been nice on occasion but there is always an issue when we have visited e.g. slow service, orders messed up, food poor, prices way too high (pint of Portland ale currently £4.95) for both food and drink, uninspired menu, always multiple items on the menu unavailable, steaks often over cooked etc.
It’s a lovely looking place that has buckets of potential, real shame it’s unexplored. It’s not bad enough to be on kitchen nightmares but would benefit from that treatment.

1  Thank JohnGwinnett
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Called in for lunch without booking and told we could eat in the bar area or upstairs. We chose to eat in the restaurant and had a really nice lunch. I rarely eat burgers as they can be very greasy but decided to give it s try. I was not disappointed. Very tasty, lean meat and not at all greasy. Staff were very pleasant indeed but not overly attentive. Would definitely go again when back in Anglesey.