“Don’t bother ”

Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Rhosneigr
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Contemporary, candlelit Bistro in the centre of Rhosneigr. We specialise in local seafood and award winning Welsh Beef and Anglesey LambOur Head Chef Adrian Saich was voted 'Seafood Chef of the Year' and holds the prestigious Wales Tourist Board 'Gold Award for Food' During the Summer months, Rhosneigr Lobster and Crab feature on our menu most evenings
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Table of 11 two mains out of 11 were good the rest were not good at all - lamb was tough and poor quality seemed like old / frozen meat
Staff not very concerned - won’t be returning

2  Thank Emmav21
blodwen_13, Owner at Sandy's Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. I can assure you that, as far as is possible, our produce is local and fresh. We do not use 'old, frozen meat' as you so very eloquently stated! This is Anglesey - the home of Welsh Lamb and Beef. I cannot think of any restaurant anywhere on Anglesey that would resor tto 'old/frozen meat' whatever that is and I cannot imagine where you have sampled such fayre. I wonder why you didn't mention the other 9 meals which you state were 'not good at all'
What a shame that you feel my staff were 'not very concerned' However the £8 gratuity you left makes me wonder??
All in all, it's difficult to understand why anyone would leave a restaurant saying 'thank you, see you again' leave a gratuity and then write such a negative review. Only you can know that .................

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First place I can remember being made to feel that unwelcome that I walked out.

Arrived a full hour before closing time .. opened the door to be faced by a young waitress chatting to a table full of her friends. She announced that we were too late for food, so I said "no problem, we'll just have coffee". I looked around and realised that there was nowhere obvious I could sit .. the top seating area was closed off and the waitress's friends were spread out across all remaining tables, including a little girl of about 2 sat on her own taking up a table for 4 and some bags/coats taking up another table. We stood there just looking round, waiting for someone to offer to move something for us .. but no. We were just being stared at blankly. Another waitress then came out with a balloon for the little girl, and also joined in with the blank staring at us.

Awful experience, really unwelcoming. Hard to explain in a review just how unfriendly and unnerving the atmosphere was.

We left and went across the road to Chaplin's. Lovely place, lovely staff, great coffee.

2  Thank calico_demon

Thank you for your review. I have asked for it to be removed as I cannot quite understand how it is valid. You did not enter my restaurant - merely staying in the doorway. To be peeved that there was no room for you is testimony to how popular we are. I must apologise if our popularity caused you a problem. So pleased that you took the advice of our staff and went to Chaplins as they served food all day. We do not close (as you stated) but we do have quite some work to get the restaurant ready for the evening service (being so busy and popular) so we cordon off the dining area and happily serve drinks to customers on the lower deck. When that area is full, magical as we are, we can do nothing to provide extra seating. I agree that Chaplins is excellent for coffee and a snack and we are all so pleased you found them to be exactly what you wanted

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Popped in to sandy's to try a few cocktails. Staff very knowledgable and friendly as was other customers. Jam donuts are fab.
This is a dog friendly place

2  Thank Sarah B

Thank you for your review! So glad you enjoyed the experience! Hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

very good food lovely atmosphere,very friendly staff making for a fun evening.Great choice of local beers

1  Thank mbellerby1956
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Visited here with my daughter and her partner who are both vegetarians. Three of us had the roast dinner. Hers being the vegetarian option. Her partner chose from the main menu which had loads of choice. This was one of the nicest roast dinners I have ever had. The red hot cabbage was delicious. The service and staff were excellent. Will definitely be going back here when next in Rhosneigr.

3  Thank Sheila P