“Great base for exploring”
other travellers have booked this property
The Lounge and Dining Area
The Lounge and Dining Area
Haverfordwest Castle
The Layout of the Property
The WC and Shower Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Kevin M
“Good Location”
Reviewed 25 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

After booking, I received a blank email from the owner & was unsuccessful in contacting the owner until my arrival in Haverfordwest. I then had to find a pub to pick up the key. The pub just holds the key & did not know the address, except the number 21G on the key ring. I found the street by Goggling & it was confirmed by a person in the pub, but no 21G in the street. Luckily no Neighbourhood Watch as I tried a few doors before opening No 96A. No electricity, switched the power on from the meter box situated high up behind the front door. Not happy spending well over an hour just getting into the house then having to put the power on. As power was off the boiler timer was out & each morning had to use the booster for a hot shower (instructions provided). Place is basic but OK if you eat out most nights. This my third trip to the UK in 5 years & is the first time I have experienced a problem.

Liked best: Location, Haverfordwest excellent for visiting Pembrokeshire
Liked least: Contacting the owner & finding the property
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
27 Jul 2015
Hi Kevin.

I am sorry to hear that you had a blank email from us. We had been sending out a .PDF file with instructions on where to find the property, which included a MAP and contact details. However, at some point recently Holiday Lettings changed something on their system and the attachment wasn't being included. We had not been made aware of the changes and not sure exactly when the issue started.

This had affected a number of our Guests - I am now including these details through text on the booking confirmation email.

This has been very frustrating for us as well as out Guests, I have tried to contact Holiday Lettings to find out more about this, but I am still in the dark.

Also, very sorry to hear about the power not being on, the trip switch must have been thrown overnight. These things happen, there is not much we can do about this sort of thing.

Rgds

Rob Hughes
MaggieLin...
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“Great base for exploring”
Reviewed 24 June 2015 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Being a Harford girl and for 4 years walking past this property on my way to school, never noticing it was there. It is a little gem. after being away from H'west for nearly 25 years it was lovely to be home again.
The cottage is perfect for 2 people, being on the top end of town you get your daily exercise walking up and down to the town centre.
Can't wait until I get the chance to come home again, and The farriers Cottage will be my base to explore Pembrokeshire

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being just outside of the town centre
Liked least: The shower not enough water pressure
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: convenience and cost for property
Liked least: no central heating meant it was freezing!
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
27 Feb 2015
Hi There.

We are really sorry to hear that the heating did not work during your stay. However, this is the first time we have heard about this from you and have not been made aware of the problem before reading your review.

I would like to mention that our contact details are clearly detailed in the cottage in case there are any problems such as this. We have a fully qualified Electrician (Brian Rees) on hand that would have either rectified this problem for you or we would have put an extra oil heater in the property for the remainder of your stay.

We think it's a little bit unfair to leave negative feedback, when if given the chance, we would have sorted this problem out for you immediately with very little effort needed - even if this meant coming out in the middle of the night and nipping over the 24 hour Tesco across the road and buying a new heater, it would not have been a problem I can assure you.

Needless to say - I have now requested for Brian to go into the property to check out the electrics before we accept another booking - if the problem cannot be resolved for the night storage heaters - we will put another oil heater into the property.

As a gesture of goodwill, I would like to offer you a free night if you decide to stay with us again, if you do decide to give us another go - let me know which dates you want to book and I will reduce the cost of 1 night for you. Pembrokeshire is a fantastic place to stay during the summer or winter and I don't want this incident put you off coming back again.

I can assure you and anyone else who is reading this review, that the problem regarding the heating will be fixed before anyone else stays at the property.

We take the comfort of our Guests very seriously and am deeply sorry about this problem and offer our sincere apologies.

Thanks

Rob Hughes
Paul B
London, United Kingdom
“Adequate for a short stay”
Reviewed 23 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

The house is well located for a big Tesco and walk-able to most of the town. The house is small but for a "base" for seeing the area is perfectly adequate.

We did have an issue on the first morning with hot water and the electrics. Robert was very helpful and called us right away and the issue was resolved. My recommendation to Robert would be to put the information about the water in the bathroom right next to the shower and boiler. I appreciate the information we needed was there but simply wasn't seen by us. Especially helpful would be a sign on the shower that the hot and cold are the wrong way round.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing