Keepers Cottage(Laugharne)
The Brown's(Laugharne)
Pods at Broadway(Laugharne)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsafternoon tearelaxation roomthe main housespiral staircasegreat barnmy partnerfull body massageon arrivalscallopsthe penthousecorran resortunderfloor heatingsteam room was out of orderconverted barnrestaurant staffmini moonsplit level
Reviewed 1 April 2018

3rd visit - Stayed for one night to sample the food which we thought was very nice, staff were friendly and service good. View from restaurant is very uninspiring, lovely old stone walled garden but full of molehills long grass and safety barriers where wall is falling down which were there last year I seem to remember.
Room was ok, barn with loft bedroom and spiral staircase. We had to go and get towels from spa as no one answering at reception. Room wasn't clean, shower especially was grimy. Very hot too, no Windows to open. Door to room rotten.
Disappointed spa hot tub not working.
Needs improvement to justify price

2  Thank nevd_11
Reviewed 23 March 2018

we stayed here recently for our wedding anniversary. the room was very spacious and nicely decorated. we used the facilities at the spa the swimming pool was very pretty with twinkly lights above, the jacuzzi was not working but we did receive a phonecall a week before we arrived to let us know it may not still be fixed by the time we arrived. the food in the restaurant was out of this world! it literally was the best we have ever had. thank you for the recommendation of one of the mains specials, the tomahawk steak was amazing. the cheese platter was spread out over a long table with a wide variety of choice, we chose 5 different types of cheese which came on a lovely little platter with grapes, walnuts, crackers and slices of apple, we were able to take this back to our room along with a glass of port. the only negative i have about the resort is the cobwebs, every room we were in including the reception area, public toilet and hotel room had cobwebs, as soon as i see a cobweb i automatically think spider! but all in all such a lovely place and we will definitely return even if its just for a meal as the food was outstanding.

Room Tip: we stayed in the byre it was a short walk to the spa
Reviewed 20 March 2018

My husband and I stayed at The Corran for 2 nights. We stayed in room 2 which was very nice with a comfortable bed, large sofa and huge bathroom. It was all very clean but there were a couple of minor maintenance issues that stopped me giving an excellent rating. Also, there were not enough hangers provided, and no soap at the hand basin. We chose to stay in the main part of the hotel, above reception, but due to the wood floors it was quite noisy outside the room, and there was also a lot of noise from the room above. If I stayed again I would probably book a different room.

We booked an evening meal and Sunday lunch i the restaurant and both meals were superb. I can't fault the food and the desserts were amazing. My only criticism of the restaurant would be that were were charged £3.95 on both occasions to have water with our meal which I thought was wrong.

The service we received by all staff over the weekend was amazing, but I would like to give a special mention to the restaurant staff as the were fantastic.

I didn't use the spa but my husband had a massage which he said was good.

I would recommend The Corran to others, even if just for the desserts in the restaurant.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 which was lovely but lots of noise from the room above
1  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Chose this hotel from the Welsh Rarebits brochure and had high expectations. Booking process and telephone communications beforehand were excellent.
Weather for middle of March was sadly not spring sunshine we'd expected and with below zero biting cold winds we cut short our walk around Laugharne and headed up to the hotel. First impressions, car park made of stony rubble then a long, cold and exposed walk around the building to find reception, roaring fire and a friendly welcome, however as we were 40mins early room not ready so we were asked to wait in the bar. Sadly the doors all along don't fit tight and the arctic cold wind was blowing through, there was no heating on and fire not lit. Every one was keeping coats on and trying to find chairs away from the doors. Able to watch the six. Nations match whilst waited though no drink, barman wandered in and out a few times but no attempt at eye contact or ask if we wanted anything. Then room was ready and I did say about bar area freezing cold and wind coming through all the doors. No appropriate response but claimed in evening it would all be warm when fire lit (no way - not big enough to heat that space...)
We had room 21 in the orchard area. Thankfully heating on as by then we were absolutely frozen. A huge room with sofa bed made up for son and a large 'snuggle ' chair meant still available comfy seating. Bathroom also huge with bath and proper walk in shower but let down by chips in the floor of the shower tray and tiling above the toilet coming away. Also discovered 'HOT' had been scratched onto the shower controls next to the engraved 'cold' but only after struggling to get a warm shower....
The room itself seemed to have had a lot of effort and attention on original design and furnishings but had not been kept up to standard. There was a nasty roller blind on the door which had been cut to size and fraying down the edges, not properly fitted either. Curtains had presumably been changed but the pelmet coverings not, so terrible mis-match of colour and style as well as grubby looking. Curtain hook missing so not hanging properly. Also no privacy film or screen and the footpath directly outside with people walking past. The wooden gate doesn't shut properly and no catch to latch it open and 3am hubby had to go out in arctic winds to jam it shut and stop banging that had woken us.
No mirror or plug by dressing table and had kneel on the bed to dry hair and use the only mirror, cable just reached.
Pool temperature was perfect in our opinion and enjoyed a family swim though note only allowed after 4pm or in the morning at same time as breakfast service.... sauna was fine but jacuzzi (still) broken though we were informed of that beforehand.
Dinner was delicious as was breakfast.
All in all we did enjoy our stay though freezing cold arrival was a shame and a few bits of shabbiness in the room. Imagine in the summer it would be stunning but very exposed windy walk around outside after dinner was a shock when found spa door locked trying to get back to our room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Catherine T
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I booked the £225 Sunday package which included 1 nights stay, afternoon tea, 3 course dinner, breakfast and use of theSPA facilities. My wife is 37 weeks pregnant so i through I would be a good opportunity to have a relaxing extended weekend before the baby comes. We booked the Corran mainly because of the SPA, it looked great on the internet so we booked and gave it a try. The hotel called me the day before to say the jacuzzi was not working, not an issue for us as wife is pregnant and so couldn’t use it anyhow but the pool would be open as normal. We arrived Sunday afternoon and checked into room 10. The main room was very comfortable and had a nice chilled out feel to it. The bathroom was nice but not all lights were working and shower thermostat was incorrect flitted so no hot water for a shower until I personal fixed it because could not get an answer from reception. Dinner was very nice and served with a smile from the bar and kitchen staff. The next morning we planned to go for a swim in the SPA at around 9am. We signed at reception but were told the pool water was cold and only 26degC. I asked why and I was told, “we’re having issues”. We decided to brave it as my wife really wanted a swim but it was too cold. I was also shocked with the size of the pool area, 3 bed loungers and 1 chair poolside. If there was more than 4 people in the pool area at once it would be an instant crowd. Upon checking out I told the reception thank you for the nice room and good food but was disappointed because we couldn’t use the pool at the SPA due to cold water and the response I got was “sorry about that”. No small refund was offered, not even a £10 voucher to buy a drink. So if you have issues while staying here don’t expect and compensation for their incompetence. If you want an honest SPA weekend away go further east and pay a visit to the Celtic Manor or The Vale Resort where you’ll get more for your money and a better customer service.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple