“Old fashioned bakery”

Add it.
Talerddig Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Machynlleth
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Good choice of bread and cakes, served in a most pleasant manner. Such an inviting display in the window lures the visitor inside.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Called in for some lunch today and glad we did. Friendly staff and lovely fresh food. We will certainly be back!

Reviewed 29 November 2016

The woman behind the counter seemed to be really annoyed by everything I asked her even though I was extremely polite. I asked her for a bit of mayonnaise in my sandwich which received a huge sigh and when I asked her if I could have an Americano coffee with milk she seemed positively outraged when I asked her for a bit more milk. She said 'I thought you wanted a strong coffee. Your'e coffee will be cold'. I thanked her for her delightful customer service. The chicken roll I ordered was dry and uninspiring. I will not be returning to this establishment again. Awful.

1  Thank Andrea E
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Talerddig Bakery is located on the main road running through Machynlleth. There is on-street parking in the area, with a large car park (parking lot) a few streets away on Bank Lane (opposite direction from the clock tower).

We ate here a week ago after walking in the hills above Machynlleth. We decided we deserved some sugar as a reward. The Bakery was busy when we arrived (which we took as a good sign as it meant the food was likely fresh). The glass food displays and surfaces looked clean. We bought a selection of pastries, including a cream horn and a strawberry flavoured cream-filled slice, and someone in our group bought a Cornish pasty. The slice had almost no strawberry in it (I got a tiny bite of strawberry on my last bite) and the cream was almost flavourless. The cream horn was equally tasteless. The person eating the Cornish pasty said it was good and it looked like it was completely full of filling.

The staff were welcoming and personable, but given the lack of flavour I'd not buy any of their dessert pastries again. I would, however, buy one of their savories, such as pies, pasties, etc.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Bought a couple of things to have a quick picnic-snack. My cake was okay, but lacked flavour and was slightly dry. My partners cake was raw and tasted of uncooked flour (neither of us could eat it)! All the cakes looked very nice, but the proof is truly in the pudding and I'm afraid these just don't cut it. The sausage roll was fine, but absolutely nothing special. I would not suggest this place and would instead recommend that you pop round the corner to Blasau or find elsewhere altogether. If you are desperate then this will do otherwise keep looking. The staff were very nice, helpful and welcoming though. It may be that I caught them on a bad baking day...but they shouldn't really have them if that is what they do. A disappointing picnic.