All reviews the pub bar meals good selection of ales soup of the day ensuite room welsh hospitality plenty of selection for sunday lunch guinness pie car park at the rear hearty meal chilli enjoyed my stay good size booked a table breakfast was excellent family room
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We stopped off for lunch yesterday and had a really lovely meal. The lady welcomed both of us and the dogs. We had Glamorgan sausages and a mushroom sauce. She got us a bowl of water for the dogs.
Nothing was too much trouble for her and she gave everybody a welcoming friendly service.
The car park is easily missed as it has a narrow entrance but good size car park at the rear.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Called in for a drink on Saturday night while staying in Machynlleth. A bustling pub with all ages of clientele. Enjoyed a few drinks. A good selection of ales, friendly and helpful staff. seemed to be the bar where a lot of young people go. Nice to see, all well behaved and enjoying themselves.....

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I enjoyed my stay here and the biggest tip I can give you is to drive to this pub from Cardiff. It's a long drive and I saw nothing that was not pretty on it.
The hotel tries to be like a hotel but it is a pub with rooms. The food is excellent and the beer is good. Don't expect the Hilton - it's just a cute little town doing its best.
Breakfast was old fashioned fun with good food. The coffee was poor though.
The town is cute and yes everything closes early because the excellent shopkeepers from abroad have not reached this town. That shows what useful people they are and unappreciated.

Room Tip: The single beds are tiny
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

First night In Machynlleth and we opted to eat here. It’s a strange village in that everything basically shuts at 4pm, that aside my wife had the main course whitebait and I had the soup of the day Tomato and basil with a bread segment, the bread was excellent, the whitebait too, the soup not so great, a little to watery for me but had a reasonable taste, would have been better with more bread.
However based on my wife literally licking the plate clean and her stating that was the best she’d eaten in a longtime saves the rating.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Loved the atmosphere of this pub, felt very much like home ( we are from Australia). The staff are very friendly. I ordered the steak & guiness pie with peas, chips & gravy which was so tasty. The alcohol prices are so much cheaper then in Australia which made us very happy! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple