“Really good curry”

Ranked #25 of 35 Restaurants in Machynlleth
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Great curry, very fresh tasting with fresh herbs and seasoning on each dish. Very friendly staff, would definitely visit again if we are in Machynlleth.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Last year a large party, the Green Party, booked the whole restaurant for meals. The food was exquisite and extremely well cooked with various, tasty vegetarian and vegan food. Not one murdered animal suffered at our expense and we so enjoyed the service of the employees. I was surprised and really impressed that the cooks would be able to produce such fine dining, vegetarian food.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Believe me when I say that I've eaten at a lot of curry houses. So when I say this is the worst one I've been to, you can be sure that it is absolutely awful. We'd been several times before and never been very impressed but this last visit took the biscuit.

We ate there out of necessity - nowhere else was open and serving food you could sit in and eat so despite misgivings we went in. First of all, main courses turned up before we'd had starters, which wasn't a great start because they then, presumably, kept the main courses warm until we'd eaten the starters, which were hastily rushed out.

Three out of four main courses on the table weren't actually that bad. They weren't anything special but they weren't unpleasant in any way. However, the fourth main course was so shockingly and appallingly bad that by itself it was enough to make this the worst curry I've ever been served. The dish in question was a vegetable passanda. When it came, the colour of the curry was that of slightly dried blood - dark crimson. The oil was separating and there were flecks of white throughout. If you think that doesn't sound very appetising, you're quite right - but it gets worse. The taste of the dish was sickly, cloying and frankly deeply, deeply unpleasant. I am 95% sure that the dish was frozen vegetables in a sauce which had as its main ingredient some kind of jam. It was careless, sloppy and pretty much inedible. Never before have I been expected to pay for something quite so vile. It isn't cheap, either.

Needless to say, we won't be going back. I urge you not to consider using this place even as a last resort. Truly vile.

1  Thank Will D
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Had to ask 4 times for a glass of water, the wine was off, the food was terrible.

The chips were frozen fries and hard, the stir fry was greasy and mainly burnt onion and all the food was tasteless

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious. Friendly staff and efficient.
We are here 9.50 on a Wednesday evening, everywhere else was closed. I consider we had a very lucky find. If I lived close by I would definitely come regularly
Thank you.