“Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Served by a lovely lady called Wendy, very welcoming ... directed us to a table and promptly ensured it was clean which was much appreciated. Helped the husband select a local brew and offered alternative tipples for myself. Lunches on panini's - very nice and comfortable environment and probably the busiest place on a very quite Thursday in town.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We had booked for lunch and a good job we did the pub was really busy. We ordered rwo roast lamb dinners and our order arrived quickly. Served by pleasant, efficent staff and it was hot. Great Welsh lamb with a Yorkshire pudding, new and roast potatoes. The four different veggies came in a seperate dish, delicious at £8.95 each this was good value. I would recommend and happily visit again.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We were mainly drawn in by the free wifi but after exploring the town and market this is a comfortable and convenient place to eat and enjoy a drink. Was also helpfully advised by a local to call the town "Mach" if you struggle with the full name of Machynlleth!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Sadly this lovely room was spoilt by OTT decorating and someone clearly went mad over the knick knacks. I had no room to put anything because of all the decor! Wifi was awful and ruined my plan of arriving early to avoid traffic and work through emails. Declutter and this room would recieve top marks from me!

Now...unexpected visitors. I had a room with a fire exit for a window that had a outside staircase attached. I was woken up at around 1am to 4 young men trying to get into my room thinking it was the night entrance. Not very nice on a Tuesday night! Perhaps some signage would help deter the drunks from using this as an entrance?

Positives? Great food, fabulous bar and amazing service!

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely old pub in a beautiful village, best steak pie my husband has ever tasted! Very clean, very welcoming, staff couldn't do enough for us. Fantastic value and amazing quality can not wait to return!