“Warm Welsh Welcome”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The hotel we stayed in didn't have Sky so we went here to watch the Wales v ROI qualifying match and it was packed! TV's everywhere so wherever you were you didn't miss anything, real ales, open fires and not expensive and staff & customers were warm and friendly towards us. We didn't eat here so can't comment on the food but you couldn't beat it for atmosphere, great place.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We visited The White Lion as it is one of the few dog friendly "restaurants" in Machynlleth. We ordered two burgers (cheap bread roll, dry burger and school cafeteria chips) and two cajun chicken bloomer sandwiches (cheap white bread with fried cubed chicken pieces which were burnt and had no flavor, lettuce which was so brown I was shocked it had been put on the plate and soggy/stale crisps. Staff were nice enough but I would avoid the food here: the Sunday roast didn't look much better. The staff were pleasant enough and apologised when I sent mine back and asked for a refund. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on our way to Borth, the staff were amazing and couldn't do enough for us. I only ordered a plain and simple fish and chips but that was fantastic, my friends had the chilli and we couldn't find a single fault. It's fair to say that if I'm ever in that part of the country again I will be stopping, even if I'm not hungry I will be eating there

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Served by a lovely lady called Wendy, very welcoming ... directed us to a table and promptly ensured it was clean which was much appreciated. Helped the husband select a local brew and offered alternative tipples for myself. Lunches on panini's - very nice and comfortable environment and probably the busiest place on a very quite Thursday in town.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We had booked for lunch and a good job we did the pub was really busy. We ordered rwo roast lamb dinners and our order arrived quickly. Served by pleasant, efficent staff and it was hot. Great Welsh lamb with a Yorkshire pudding, new and roast potatoes. The four different veggies came in a seperate dish, delicious at £8.95 each this was good value. I would recommend and happily visit again.