“Evening meal”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We were told to book in advance as it is popular. The food was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. The menu was varied and for all tastes and good prices. There is a fixed price menu also. All 6 of us enjoyed our choices and the 3 courses on the menu were all tempting.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Visited here whilst on holiday in Pennal with our family.
As booking was advised we duly booked a table for early evening as we had a toddler with us. Glad we did as evening for a Tuesday evening by 7:30 they were very busy!
Such a welcoming, child friendly restaurant, they even took our little ones own cutlery and dish and washed them for us !!
The food was delicious and at very competitive prices.
Every choice we made from the menu was great, nachos, Welsh rarebit, lamb burger.... the list goes on!!!
Thoroughly recommend a visit, we’re going back!!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

This pub/ restaurant has a very friendly and warm ambience and is very nicely decorated / fitted out, and it's in a great location. It's a good sign when there are 4/5 dishes you would happily choose. And portions are excellent. Service is good so I couldn't agree with the reviewer in August. My rating is 'Very good' but it's 'good' I would say i.e. better than average. The dish I had was 'over sauced' ...fish doesn't need a heavy tomato sauce as it swamps it. I was staying the night as well - lovely accommodation by the way and very reasonable. Porridge for breakfast was perfect, the kipper over done.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Our party booked a table of four with two dogs for Sunday Lunch and the food was delicious and reasonably priced too. With an extensive choice at the bar, a well decorated and maintained building and great service, I'd recommend Glan yr Afon to anyone. Though I would suggest making a reservation for food to avoid disappointment as it was quite busy! Excellent, thank you.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Visited as a family of 8 with 2 dogs on a rainy Sunday at end start of September. We booked in advance and glad we did - we had a lovely raised area to ourselves. Plenty to choose from on the starter and main menu even on a Sunday. I opted for the garlic mushrooms and beef dinner for main, delicious although I am glad I asked for the beef well done as it was very pink seeing as it was a roast dinner. We were too full for dessert but plenty to choose from there too. Not too far from Machynlleth - would recommend.