“Noisy but nice!”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Popped in on the off chance of a table mid-week. The place is split into two areas for mid-week dining; the front of house which consisted of about 10 tables and a larger rear section that wasn’t set-up for dining. There were six tables in use and the waitresses soon found us a space by splitting a “four”table. Both girls were lovely; chatty and friendly. Offer of table water, menu and drinks came quickly and there were ample food choices from specials as well as standard dishes. I chose chicken schnitzel which was delicious and my friend had fish cake. Mine came with fries (despite being advertised as chips) which were fairly soggy and a fresh salad which was very tasty. My friends enormous fish cake sat atop a mass of fennel slaw which she raved about and sweet potato fries. The desert choices looked wonderful but not tested as we were both full. Wines and lager is available as are some soft drinks.
We were sat close to the kitchen and pay desk where the phone rang constantly and dishes and pans clattered. It was ok because we were two friends dining, but would have been hacked off if I was on a date!!
For less than £40 for soft drinks and a meal it was good value and would definitely return if in the area again.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Booked a table at Number Twenty One for our anniversary dinner early September 2017. Warmly welcomed and seated. We chose lamb from the menu and it was the tastiest, best cooked lamb we've enjoyed for a very long time. Everything we and fellow guests ordered was beautifully cooked with flavours well balanced and just right. Danielle and her team were helpful and friendly yet not instrusive. Will definitely dine at Number Twenty One again. Great atmosphere in clean and comfortable decor. [Car parking is available outside on the High Street or in Machynlleth public car park.]

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

So I waited and waited in my lunch hour envisioning a fabulous beef burger that didn't materialise. Place looks with lovely people and menus were lovely but 45 mins later, despite me saying I didn't have long, I hadn't to give up and leave. And with no wifi it was a complete waste of a very precious break in my work day. Maybe I'll give it another go a day I've a packed lunch with me just in case it happens again. Sorry to give it a mixed review

1  Thank Pea R
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our diner here. We tried the duck and the trout, both dish were perfect. Very good atmosphere, great service. Easy to recommend.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Small ,yet big on lovely staff and service,amazing fresh local food on the varied menu,and daily specials to tempt you further! From fish to steak everything is cooked to perfection and beautifully presented with a smile, one never tires of returning again and again.