“Dog friendly and fab all round ”

The Three Horseshoes
Ranked #52 of 124 Restaurants in Barry
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

After a day at Barry beach we were looking for a place for lunch that accepted dogs on leads. We found it.
A lovely welcome and made to feel at home in the bar area with plenty of dining room too. Morretti lager fresh and cold with quick bar service.
Prawn cocktails and Sunday lunch lamb was all good. £16 each. Also,doggy yogurt for £2.50 as a special treat..
Big lawn for dog running too. Would return and recommend..

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My husband ordered fish pie, had to send it back frozen in the middle and watery. Clearly frozen pie which had been microwaved!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Went here last night for my grandsons birthday ! Food was diabolical ordered the smoked pork in champagne sauce ! Is your chef actually a chef ?? Should hang their head in shame !! The pricing system is unclear and needed to be questioned in my opinion don’t waste your money ! I can’t remember the last time I have eaten such an awful meal . Sort it out could be such a fabulous place

Reviewed 9 November 2017

First time here in about 20 years. Used to come here with my parents for Friday lunch and always had great meals in lovely surroundings.

Sadly, it's just not the same anymore. The inside looks tired and tacky with no real theme to it.
Most of us had the Sunday Roast and while the meal sizes were ample, the food was just okay. Food service was good and efficient.
I did go to the bar to get some drinks and while there were 4 people preparing drinks for the tables, I had to wait ages even though I was the only person at the bar.

It appears that this place now caters for mainly families with kids with the play areas and seems really good for that. And that's fine if it's their market. It just seem to be a place to go for a nice meal for just adults.

1  Thank mjhaley
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Probably one of the worst meals I've ever had in my life. The quality of the food was awful. I had chicken curry half and half, the chips were so greasy you could have rung the fat out of them. It tasted like the fat had been in the pan for weeks. The chicken curry had no flavour or taste very disappointing. The coleslaw on my mum's plate was disgusting, chicken like rubber and chips again greasy. And dessert well I won't even go there. The service from the staff wasn't good a very disappointing and shocking experience.

2  Thank Sandyd2810