“So dissapointed this year”

Costa Alegre Hotel and Suites
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have been staying here for several years and bring family, recommend friends, etc. I have to say I have been so disappointed this year. Our room has not been cleaned before 3:00 in p.m. and three times, just as I am lying down for siesta, I am woken up to have my room barely cleaned. They made bed, left towels and somewhat mopped the floor. The food in the restaurant has been awful this year, tasteless, very little selection, nothing like former years. The service is horrible and I don't think other than Martin, anyone took anytime to "serve|" us. The first night, my room was not ready and I had to stay in a mildew smelling suite room. Jairo used to take such good care of us and everyone was so happy to see us return and this year it just feels like everything from the grounds care to the entertainment, service and food has dropped significantly and yet the prices are much higher. We will not be staying here any more. After 6 years, it's time to find a different venue that can maintain it's level of excellence. So disappointed in Costa Alegre this year.

Room Tip: Our room had a "face lift" this year and the shower was new, as was the sink.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim P

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I w as a little unsure when I read the reviews that were over a year old and not that positive. We have been here 2 nights now and it is a wonderful place. It is clean, on a really nice beach which is suitable for swimming and children playing. It is spacious and has lovely grounds. The food is really good with a lot of choices and hardly 'Mexican'. There have been fish, shrimp, meat cooked very deliciously and good soups. The trouble is not eating too much. The price is unbelievable as the price for an oceanfront room is almost the price for the all-inclusive. Pool may be a little small if there are too many people but why swim in a pool when the warm ocean is so beautiful! I wont hesitate to recommend this to all my friends. My score out of 10 is 12.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chris b
Reviewed 4 March 2012

What a shame! You didn't stay at the hotel, for the price, the rooms are very clean, cleaned daily, rooms have been updated new furniture, new drapery, new tvs, The restaurant has also had a facelift and the food is about 90% better than the last 4years we have stayed The staff is outstanding like returning home instead of vacationing. The location is the best, on the ocean, majority of rooms facing water, Do visit the hotel while you are there and see what you missed

Room Tip: rooms on ground floor great access to beach and restaurant; rooms on 2nd floor have nice balcony and...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank MamaLynne
Reviewed 4 March 2011

This was our second year staying at Costa Alegre. Truly Hairo, Jesus, Daniel and Mick offer some of the best service I've encountered in Mexico and this made us feel at home. While there was much more entertainment this year, I missed last year's Flaminco dancing, etc. One night I was sick and the very very loud Karaoke was simply annoying. (All Spanish, no English-dissapointing....)The food was good but not as varied or spicy as I remembered it being last year. The plumbing needs a complete overhaul. I was either scalded or freezing. With my husband being a plumber, we'd offer our services to fix it in exchange for rooms next year! The beds are small. It would be nice to have some rooms with one King Size bed and a small sitting area vs. 2 double beds ( one of which we didn't use). We specifically booked early and asked for oceanfront ground floor. We got oceanfront but not ground floor. For the price, it was great though. Next year , I think we may head back to the Stephany, which is by my reckoning the prettiest and most comfortable. We can have four stay in one large room with full kitchen and two bathrooms ( where the showers work) for about $30 per person. For the extra $15.00 we spent at Costa Allegre ( which is now raising its prices), we can make our own meals, eat out and buy cheap Cerveza at 8/8.88. One more thing that could be added is to have a tour desk in the lobby so travellers can book tours/rentals, etc. their first day and pay with their hotel bill. The website needs to be in proper English ad it would be great to have internet work in our room, instead of having to do our business in the lobby.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank arachnoidalseainme
Reviewed 3 March 2011

This was my second year in a row and it only got better than last year! there was more activities, more water sports and the staff are awesome!!! the rooms are simple but clean and the staff go out of their was to make whatever you want to happen, happen!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family