“If you want a real Mexican holiday, with warm a friend people this is the place1”

Costa Alegre Hotel and Suites
Reviewed 12 February 2017

This is such a wonderful place to stay if you are looking for a smaller hotel. The staff is amazing, so friendly and warm. There is one bar and one restaurant with fresh omeletes, pancakes, bacon and a choice of Mexican cuisine. The rooms are very clean, heated swimming pool and right on the beach.
Step of off the hotel property and you are right in the heart of Rincon de Guayabitos. So many restaraunts to pick from, main street to shop or just relax at the beach and take in the true Mexican environment. It is our home away from home. Many amigo's and amiga's! It is so nice to stay where the Mexican families come to holiday. A very safe place to stay with night sercurity.

Room Tip: Ground floor easy access, higher up great views of the ocean
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 February 2017

First off let me say that the pictures online do not really look like this hotel in person. The best part is the staff. Super friendly and helpful. The front desk crew speak perfect English and they are awesome! The rooms were, let's say, extremely dated and next to no working lighting. Our room had an outdated gas stove in the middle of the room and no lights. We had an ocean view but our balcony was overtop of the kitchen. View is nice, balcony is large, but I just couldn't get my head around the room.
I have been to all parts of Mexico and to Cuba and this actually was the worst food I have ever had, (and I like everything). I will only say that my vegetarian lasagne had crunchy bits of who knows what. I actually feel bad writing this because if you have read my other reviews I am very accommodating.
We stayed here in the middle of our Puerto Vallarta stay, so drove out for 2 days, but I was disappointed to have gone. My husband really wanted me to see this cute little town. I found prices in Puerto Vallarta were much better, so the further out you go does not always mean prices will be better. The pool was interesting! It appeared to be in what seemed like right off of a backlane. For an all inclusive it was not worth the money.

Room Tip: I guess ocean view. I can't remember what number we had but it was 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank April T
Reviewed 27 January 2017

I am going to the Costa Alegre for the month of Feb. This will be my 4th year there and I highly recommend it! It is right on the beach (3 miles of sand) The resort is clean and well taken care of. The food is good.....and there are many restaurants in the area with VERY reasonable prices and great food if you want a change. The staff is great and always willing to assist. Lots of hiking in the area and side trips. Several small towns close by with lots of Mexican "flavor" and interesting things to do!! Fun shopping, fun markets, great people!! I can't wait to get there again!!.......laundry service is available for about 400 pesos per bag. Pick up and delivery can be arranged at the front desk.

Room Tip: Ocean view, pool view and "quieter" rooms at the back altho' the entire resort is very...
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Marlene H
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Employees so bad here I request towels they suppose to bring it to my room and never do it plus remote control of the tv didn't work we also reserve ocean view and none, plus I have to walk every time I need something because no pine in the room plus the food so bad too and the key door always stuck to open it or closed..

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 27 February 2016

Paying full price for an All inclusive when under Construction, is not good at all, the Hotel is putter on a new floor. This means that the floors under had to put up with noise, scuffling and ropes all about. One side of the hotel clients could not use there balconies. Cement dust a constant problem of having clean Rooms. Stairs were very slippery. Only One restaurant, no drinking water in rooms, lack of hot water was an issue at times. WIFI, I went 3 days with out the use of the internet
The Staff and the Beach very Great

Room Tip: at this time, ask for rooms on south side or by pool or a suite
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends