“Full Thai and Sushi menu, delicious food”

Rice Asian House and Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2016

This place was walking distance from Newport Beachside hotel. It was very cozy and the menu had many Thai and Japanese options.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Good oriental food and service. Try the Thai Tea. The service was ok. It was pack, so I suggest to cal ahead.

Reviewed 14 February 2016

My wife and I decided on this for evening dinner. Excellent service, sushi, and Asian fare. All moderately priced with a good atmosphere for conversation of just people watching. It's in a strip mall but once inside, the atmosphere is dark and we had a wonderful dinner. Recommend this.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

My wife & I love Asian food so while we were on vacation we looked for some Asian restaurants close to us. We were happy to find Rice on TripAdvisor. Although one of the reviews said they saw some cockroaches, we decided to try it anyways. First the bad news...yes, we did have an encounter with a little roach. Now the good news...it was only a little tiny one. We also had great service, great sushi & great pad thai. Here's what I have to say about the roaches, it's the South. They're everywhere. It wasn't that big of a deal. Just like the previous review though, the roach was on the couch seating...soooooo, I suggest staying away from the couches. Or maybe sit outside. All in all we enjoyed our experience at Rice & would def go back.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Wasn't easy to find, but once located was worth the hunt. Behind Starbucks and among a few clothing stores, salons, and shoe stores, is a small Asian restaurant called Rice. The service was excellent and the selection on the menu ranged from sushi to order from menu dinners. The sushi was fresh and excellent.