1,318 results
All reviewsbrookvale ovalroom was cleannorthern beachesconvenient locationpublic transportstay there againper nightacross the roadking bedcar parkingstaff were very helpfulbuffet breakfasteasy accessfamily and friendsa great place to stayleagues clubmanly warringah
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Overall it was a pleasant stay. Just came down for a work reunion and in a good central location. Transport was good to be picked up and plenty of off street parking. Will stay again next opportunity I have when visiting the area again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank probbo44
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I booked a room which was to sleep 2 adults and one child. When we arrived we were advised there was only one king bed which we were all to sleep in and if I required another bed the cost would be $40. Not wanting the sleep in the same bed as our granddaughter we did pay the extra $40. The disappointing part is the fact we were not advised initially of the room layout.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2018

The only reason I stay here is because of the location.The rooms are dingy and should be renovated. The carpet in the corridors is dreadful. There are no power points by the nightstands. I must pull the bed back to get to the power point for my medical device. I don't look too closely at the corners because it is not cleaned that well. There are large groups of Chinese tourists: it must be value for money for them.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2018

The room was a decent size, and clean. However it smelled musty (from the drains?). One of the lights wasn’t working. Checkin staff seemed a bit overwhelmed. The traffic noise was significant and the aircon unit whirred all night even when the aircon was switched off. Location is in a food desert (unless you count the RSL) and there is no room service or minibar - although drinks can be purchased from reception. All for over $200, not good value.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2018

this is a modern, clean and well-furnished hotel. the location is perhaps less than ideal - the hotel is located on a busy commercial road and transport connections are less than ideal. There are buses to the city and to the nearby beaches, but they are not all that frequent and there is a lot of congestion. There is parking for a fee, but it is perfectly possible to use free street parking in front of the hotel. My biggest criticism of this hotel is the way their TV sets are set up. All TVs are linked to a pay-per-view TV provider, and the sets have been disabled so that it is not possible to connect a USB drive or an HDMI cable so that you can watch your own video material on the TV set. I think this is a very nasty and unjustified way to treat your guests. when you rent a room, you rent the freedom to use the normal room equipment, including the TV set during your stay. this includes the ability to link your computer to the TV to watch programs. Intentionally disabling this feature so as to force guests to use the (very expensive!!) pay TV provider is outrageous. I understand that the TV sets are due for replacement anyway. I would evry strongly encourage the hotel management to sever all contact with the pay TV company, and install modern standard TV sets that can be used as intended by their guests. This one issue would be enough for me never to stay in a Travelodge again - the ability to watch my own content on the TV set is an essential part of the hotel service for me. Of the more than 30 hotels I stayed in Australia, this was only the second one that limited access to the TV. I hope this problem will be rectified! apart from this issue, the hotel was perfectly fine, and the staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms seem fine - but beware, the TV sets are modified and will not accept any input!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple