“Excellent goat curry”

Longueville Sporting Club Bistro
Ranked #36 of 78 Restaurants in Lane Cove
Cuisines: Indian, Steakhouse, Australian, Pakistani
Reviewed 7 February 2016

Also fantastic for the kids they play on the bowling greens (no bowling anymore) very unique set up for a restaurant large tables for the families. You eat near the greens outside so you can keep an eye on the kids. 2nd time for us will make it a regular, staff very nice.

1  Thank Peter2165

Reviewed 6 February 2016

I last went to this place on a Saturday lunchtime shortly after it was refurbished - the food was good and the place was packed.

I went again today ( a Saturday) at lunchtime and I won't be back. For starters, the place was absolutely deserted - admittedly we got there very early but we left at 12.45 and there was still absolutely no one else in there to eat. If my meal today was anything to go by the situation becomes a little clearer,,,

I realise that Club food is not fine dining - I get it. I also realise that when I order flathead and chips from the "specials" board in a club, for 23 bucks then I will not be getting kilos of fish on my plate - fresh flathead fillets are expensive, I get that as well. What I would have expected though was for the flathead to have actually been freshly prepared and not the 4 minuscule sticks of dry, mass produced, frozen rubbish that actually ended up on my plate - sorry, bowl. This was compounded by the fact that I got what I can only describe as an infant's portion of chips and a minute amount of salad, My 2 year old son, with his child's portion of sausage and chips, actually had way more chips on his plate - sorry, bowl, than I did.

In fairness to the staff, when I pointed out to the waitress on receiving my food that surely for 23 dollars I could expect a normal portion of chips she was apologetic and brought me out another bowl at no charge fairly quickly. I have no complaint against the wait staff, they were good. But something has clearly gone wrong with this place in a very short space of time if the cooks in the kitchen expect to get away with just serving up very small portions of frozen junk at inflated prices.

Including specials this place has over 40 options - yes, 40 options, for a main course. It doesn't take a genius to work out that out of those 40 odd dishes there isn't going to be a lot of food being dished up that didn't start out in the freezer. On closer inspection of the menu there are clues to the cooks' way of operating - ithey actually list the Chicken Schnitzel as being "house-crumbed" so on reflection I supposed I shouldn't have been surprised to have been served up what basically amounted for 4 fish fingers for 23 dollars. Put it this way, I am in absolutely no rush to partake of the lamb-shanks here.

I might go back as the place is good for the kids to run around in - but I won't be eating.

1  Thank bboy2016
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Basic menu
I picked the curry as looks Indian owned but even the curry was watered down soup with no serious spice.
Spaghetti for children was worthy though.
Very noisy.
Positive was lawn green for juniors to run around
Self service at window

If you want to catchup with people and or enjoy the experience go elsewhere but if you just want chips n beer with kids nearby burning off energy it's ok

Reviewed 21 August 2015

Great casual venue. Restaurant and bar facility with safe ground for kids to play. Bar well managed with drinks prices very reasonable. Restaurant provides good quality food at good prices. Open Wednesday to Sunday lunch and dinner. Also is events based for sports viewing which is good fun to enjoy the atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 July 2015

We had lunch here good food and kid friendly. There are 2 huge grass areas for the kids to run around within view of the parents. Good kids menu and good size meals. Great place to go for lunch and relax while the kids play.