“A great kid friendly hang out”

Longueville Sporting Club Bistro
Ranked #35 of 77 Restaurants in Lane Cove
Cuisines: Indian, Steakhouse, Australian, Pakistani
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Friendly service and the ability to cope with kids of all ages. Under cover and away from the sun for food and access to the greens for a play. Menu is club style but a bit more interesting. Prices are good and the overall experience fun.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Our local rugby club had their annual get together at The Diddy - about 45 attended and everyone simply ordered their own lunch. Seamless delivery with little or no waiting and the feedback on food quality was excellent. Friendly staff and bar staff. Great location - keep it a secret

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

For a family 'local' the Diddy isn't bad. The bowling greens provide space for the kids to run around and the food on offer is decent if not spectacular. However those looking for a fine dining experience are likely to be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

Also fantastic for the kids they play on the bowling greens (no bowling anymore) very unique set up for a restaurant large tables for the families. You eat near the greens outside so you can keep an eye on the kids. 2nd time for us will make it a regular, staff very nice.

1  Thank Peter2165
Reviewed 6 February 2016

I last went to this place on a Saturday lunchtime shortly after it was refurbished - the food was good and the place was packed.

I went again today ( a Saturday) at lunchtime and I won't be back. For starters, the place was absolutely deserted - admittedly we got there very early but we left at 12.45 and there was still absolutely no one else in there to eat. If my meal today was anything to go by the situation becomes a little clearer,,,

I realise that Club food is not fine dining - I get it. I also realise that when I order flathead and chips from the "specials" board in a club, for 23 bucks then I will not be getting kilos of fish on my plate - fresh flathead fillets are expensive, I get that as well. What I would have expected though was for the flathead to have actually been freshly prepared and not the 4 minuscule sticks of dry, mass produced, frozen rubbish that actually ended up on my plate - sorry, bowl. This was compounded by the fact that I got what I can only describe as an infant's portion of chips and a minute amount of salad, My 2 year old son, with his child's portion of sausage and chips, actually had way more chips on his plate - sorry, bowl, than I did.

In fairness to the staff, when I pointed out to the waitress on receiving my food that surely for 23 dollars I could expect a normal portion of chips she was apologetic and brought me out another bowl at no charge fairly quickly. I have no complaint against the wait staff, they were good. But something has clearly gone wrong with this place in a very short space of time if the cooks in the kitchen expect to get away with just serving up very small portions of frozen junk at inflated prices.

Including specials this place has over 40 options - yes, 40 options, for a main course. It doesn't take a genius to work out that out of those 40 odd dishes there isn't going to be a lot of food being dished up that didn't start out in the freezer. On closer inspection of the menu there are clues to the cooks' way of operating - ithey actually list the Chicken Schnitzel as being "house-crumbed" so on reflection I supposed I shouldn't have been surprised to have been served up what basically amounted for 4 fish fingers for 23 dollars. Put it this way, I am in absolutely no rush to partake of the lamb-shanks here.

I might go back as the place is good for the kids to run around in - but I won't be eating.

1  Thank bboy2016