2,213 results
All reviews great location an ocean view room rooftop pool across the road buffet breakfast standard room ocean front an upgrade overlooking the beach bottle of wine easy walk saturday night car parking long weekend ferry terminal circular quay sydney
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Hotel in great location, we had a superior room with an ocean view, on arriving at our floor we were shocked at the amount of rubbish covering the floor, it was left there a day or two, once removed the floor still looked like it needed a good clean, very stale smell the whole time we stayed.

Close to beach, shops and ferry terminal.

Manly is a lovely place and we would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Dear robinson08,

Many thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Please allow me to apologise for the level of cleanliness upon your arrival - we do pride ourselves in providing the highest standards especially when it comes to cleanliness and I am sorry that this was not your experience. I can assure you that I have discussed your concerns with our Executive Housekeeper to avoid similar incident from happening again.

The team and I look forward to your next visit to beautiful Manly Beach.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

The location is amazing in front of the beach, the room is big, modern and cozy and has a lovely balcony overlooking the sea. The staff is friendly and the breakfast was amazing. I I definetely recomend this place!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear Monique M,

Many thanks for a 5 star review and recommendation! I am very happy to hear that your time in Manly was enjoyable and that our team and buffet breakfast made your getaway a memorable experience. We cannot wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Location was fab, we chose to pay more and upgrade to an ocean balcony (we are in Manly after all) and the view didn’t disappoint. Friendly staff and buffet breakfast was varied and delicious. Loved the personal chef who made my omelette fresh each morning. My bed was a little hard and our air conditioner didn’t work well and was full of condensation and dripped all over the floor and anyone standing under it. We let reception know and they said they would send up a technician but they didn’t report back and we were on holidays so didn’t feel like chasing people up. But minor things and the good definitely outweighed the bad. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Dear Sandra D,

Thank you very much for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that your stay was memorable by the combination of our location, staff and the level of cleanliness - it is very uplifting to receive such lovely comments and I will certainly pass them on to our wonderful team.

I have discussed your comments with our Chief Engineer in relation to the air conditioning unit in your room so we can ensure it is fully serviced before we release it to another guest. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights. Is a great option to stay at Manly beach.Our apartment was big and comfortable. Breakfast was very good and all the staff was very polite. Being in front of the beach is a great option for the family as you just cross the street and you are there in the heart of Manly. Very near all the shops. Everything worked very good. Definitively thumbs up for this hotel!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Federico P,

The team and I appreciate your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that your family had an enjoyable time and that our beautiful location added to the experience. I hope we get to welcome you and your family in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Several issues:
- moody staff at check in
- bad room offered
- broken lift
- out of order kids pool
- broken sun beds
-tiny beach towels
-flooded toilets

Positives
- location
- activities for kids
-some very good, helpful staff- Jessica and Matteo

We stayed over a weekend as I was visiting my sisters who live in Manly. Last year we stayed at the Sebel but the Novotel was less expensive and I heard it had been renovated so thought I would give it another go (stayed here 4 years ago and it was very tired and old but it does seem better now).

The person who checked us in acted as if she was exasperated with her customer service role. She put us in a room on the second floor and when we explained that we had booked a room with a city view she said that they had “no city view rooms” - however- I know from staying here previously the lower rooms only face a court yard (see photos) and there is NO VIEW at all; therefore we asked for a room on a higher floor. We feel like the check in lady accidentally on purpose neglected to mention that the lift was out of order and they were not getting it fixed for at least 4 days. It was awful- it took ages to get the one lift and there was often a queue for the lift or the lift was full. If you did get in the lift you were squashed by people trying squeeze into the lift on every floor. The compensation we got for this was one drink at the bar.

They made us sign up to the Accor hotels group or they wouldn’t give us internet! What hotels don’t give free internet to their guests?!

The other shocking thing was the kids pool was emptied of water and not appropriately closed off. I found this very dangerous and my young niece almost fell in to it. The deck chairs were also broken.

However, I have to give the hotel some credit for the activities they put on. I was particularly impressed with the petting zoo despite some of the staff not knowing about it when I asked what time it was on at and then being told the wrong time (the leaflet said it started at 12; it actually started at 10am and ENDED at 12).

The room was nice. Only one door to a tiny balcony but nice view. Good air con and big bed and tv. Safe is big enough to put a laptop in. Shower was awful; poor power and goes from hot to cold to hot to cold.

At reception someone had gone to clean the toilets but had not put a sign up and just left water all over the floor. And had gone off to do something else.

The staff stored our bags for us on the morning of check out as we wanted to have the day in Manly. However, initially they just left them out, unguarded, in The foyer for anyone to take (see photos . I had to insist they locked them away.

However, I have to complement Jessica and Matteo on their fantastic customer service when we came to get our bags out; they were friendly, helpful and quick to offer an apology for everything that I told them had gone wrong! That’s the standard of customer service I expect! The hotel is lucky to have them as representatives of their brand and should encourage their moody staff to adopt a better attitude!

The Novotel in Manly is in a good location and easy to get to. But it is not at all worth it for the money! We got to stay at the Sofitel in Darling Harbour for the same price and that is a 5star hotel with breakfast, afternoon tea, cocktail hour, and a room on the 32nd floor with amazing views!! I don’t see how they can justify their price at all!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gabby m
GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear gabby m,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I appreciate that you provided us your detailed observations in terms of both the positives and the negatives - these comments are important to us. Rest assured that we will take our time to discuss your concerns as a team and utilise the information for review and future training.

I understand the frustration caused by these issues and deeply regret that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I do hope that there will be another opportunity to provide you with a better experience next time your future plans take you to the beautiful Manly Beach in the not too distant future.

I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to Jessica and Matteo. They will be thrilled to know that they assisted in making your stay memorable despite the challenges.