“Breakfast in Cuba”

Coco Cubano Top Ryde
Ranked #261 of 349 Restaurants in Ryde
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Description: Our menu is a balance of local favourites and Cuban classics designed to appeal to a broad audience yet be unique enough to stand out from the crowd. With a focus on good food and great coffee Coco Cubano is a popular choice. Coco Cubano has something for everyone. Coco Cubano has a daily happy hour and lunch specials. We are open for breakfast till late.Our menu is a balance of local favourites and Cuban classics designed to appeal to a broad audience yet be unique enough to stand out from the crowd. With a focus on good food and great coffee Coco Cubano is a popular choice. Coco Cubano has something for everyone. Coco Cubano has a daily happy hour and lunch specials. We are open for breakfast till late.
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

I had a couple of hours to waste whilst waiting for someone so dropped in for breakfast here rather than walking the shop pavements. Totally chilled and relaxing time. Comfortable booths, good music, and cold and refreshing mixers. Staff were attentive but to be fair the place was not busy.

I had the Cuban egg benedict which had spicy pulled pork. Not sure I would order this again as they were not to my taste but the quality was good. I then had the churros which were delicious.

Overall I enjoyed my stay more for the relaxing atmosphere than the food. Food was not bad but overshadowed by the decor and ambience.

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Nice little hideaway place. Great feel with Cuban style deco. Always love the food and drinks.
The Staff do need to be a little more professional but over all I give it thumbs up and will go back again.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

This place has a nice and inviting feel to it. Staff super friendly and very good at their jobs and the resturant is styled well and in the Cuban theme. We started with a jug of their $20 Sunday sangria which tasted delicious and very refreshing.
The food however was a massive let down and definitely the reason that I will not return. Firstly there aren't much "Cuban" dishes at all. In attempt to try something Cuban and seeking something authentic I went for the vegetarian nachos. I imagined flat natural corn chips topped with a variety of Cuban type flavoured vegetables and sauces. All I got was what tasted like cc's chips, black beans that looked like they burst in the microwave, some salsa and some guac. It was so bland and a huge let down. While it was pretty cheap ($14.90) it was awful, I couldn't finish it. My friends had the chicken burger which was ok and the tortilla wrap ok too.
I hope this place can improve on their menu including quality and quantity. I would recommend sticking to the drinks and maybe starters. Cups and jugs were also pretty dirty

Reviewed 19 November 2016

The staff are friendly and knowledgeable on their menu. So good we found ourselves eating dessert too!
Good range of food and they cater for GF.
Loved the summer bubbly drink.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Coco Cubano at Ryde is similar to other locations in this Cuban themed restaurant chain. Lots of faux Cuban decor and retro style ambiance. Probably spot on for a shopping mall.

We were here for snacks and drinks. Food portions were very small and cocktails were weak. One of the beers on the menu was unavailable. Service was adequate.

The premises is not clean. The windows have a thick haze on them. I would say they have not been cleaned since the place opened. The whole place is grubby and needs an urgent professional cleaning overhaul.