Gariwerd Motel
D'Altons Resort(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$64
US$72
  • Pool
Halls Gap Motel(Halls Gap)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsshared kitchenbudget roomsuperior roomroom was cleannew ownersfriendly hostsconvenient locationa great stayenjoyed our staycontinental breakfastan added bonusgreat ideashort staycomfortable stayelectric blanketsshort walkcentre of town
Reviewed 16 November 2015

I stayed there for a night when visiting Halls Gap recently.

I was welcomed by the new owners (2 weeks in the role!) who were very pleasant and genuinely wanting to make my stay a positive one.

The rooms are typical country motel standard but clean and good value at a room rate of $100/night. The room rate includes a continental breakfast which was much better than a typical continental breakfast at a 3 star motel. (included a range of cereals, breads, fruits plus cold meats, cheese, boiled eggs etc).

I have stayed in Halls Gap a number of times and to date this has been the best value motel. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Ian M
Tony_and_Angeline, Owner at Gariwerd Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

It was lovely having you stay I hope you come back and stay with us again soon! Yes we are enjoying running this awesome little motel and we love seeing people enjoy our breakfast. Who doesn't love a buffet?

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, it is really appreciated!

Cheers

Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

Stayed here last week for first time. Apparently under new management - reception staff really helpful and obliging, rooms are comfortable and quiet.
Will definitely stay there again, and wish new owners all the best.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dan C
Tony_and_Angeline, Owner at Gariwerd Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2015

Thank you so so much for your review. Yes our first few weeks of owning this motel have been a whirlwind and we are absolutely loving it and meeting people such as yourself! We are so glad that you are coming back! How awesome is this place?! As I sit here in reception I am watching a kangaroo mum and her joey eat the grass in front of the motel. They are so lovely to watch!

The Grampians is an amazing place and we love making people feel at home and giving them a comfortable, clean place to stay. You are right the rooms are in need of some updating which we will be doing in the next couple of months. I hope you come back then to spend some more time here,

Cheers

Reviewed 13 November 2015

This is the place to stay in Halls Gap.The rooms may be a little dated, however they are very spacious and kept spotlessly clean. The beds are very comfortable and are great for a good night's rest after a long day discovering the wonderful surroundings of the Grampians National Park. A great buffet continental breakfast is also included as part of the accommodation.

Another special feature of the Gariwerd Motel is the new owners Tony and Angeline. They are such a welcoming couple and ensure that each guest is well looked after. Their passion and enthusiasm in running the motel will ensure that people will be returning time and time again. I will definitely be one of those people.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo

Thanks Wazza for your awesome review! Being newbies at this motel game it's great to get feedback so that we can make our service even better.

We are really really happy that you loved staying at our motel. Yes you are right it needs a little updating and we can't wait to start. We do make sure that the rooms are extremely clean, the beds comfortable, and the breakfast excellent though!

Would love to have you back anytime!

It's a real joy to meet people such as yourself and all that come and enjoy this amazing place in Australia. In all my travels I have never found a place where the kangaroos, emus, echidnas and other critters wonder down the main street and just "hang out".

Cheers,

Reviewed 11 November 2015

This motel is in walking distance to the town centre and a short drive away from the grampians nationalpark. The rooms are big and it is clean. Free breakfast was included and the buffet was amazing. The motel is since two weeks under a new management, Angeline and Tony. They are both so friendly and helpful. Our flights for the next day had been cancelled and they did everything to help us out in that situation.
Thanks again for everything!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

Thank you Tamara for your kind words. We were happy to try to help, and I'm sorry we couldn't do more. I do hope you managed to sort everything out in the end. And we're very glad you enjoyed your breakfast.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

How lucky were we to discover Gariwerd in the early days of new management?! My advice to travellers is to get there fast. Bask in the excitement that oozes from both Angeline and Tom. Their passion for their chosen 'Sea Change' manifests as first class service and a commitment to ensure a guest's stay is far more than a night's accommodation. Gariwerd's charm is that it is 'dated' and the owner's are celebrating it's character by embracing its era. Our room had meters of benchspace which enabled us to really spread out. The beds were extremely comfortable and we did not feel the need to use the aircon, heater or electric blankets as extra bedding and ventilation were plentiful. The buffet continental breakfast surpassed expectation and I have no doubt my egg came courtesy of the hen that clucked around my feet when I sat reading one afternoon. Beyond the spacious rooms, there was ample yard and outdoor settings for patrons to utilise the firepit or BBQ without infringing on another's area.... or the kangaroos that visited at dusk. Our preference to eat simple, self prepared meals was made possible by the facilities provided in the communal guest kitchen. If you enjoy bushwalking and you wish to give camping a miss, then this place is a real treat. Bring friends and enjoy the evening listening to the cicadas and kookaburras. I fully intend to return and expect that reservations will have to be made as word will spread and vacancies will be few.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Gariwerd_Motel, Owner at Gariwerd Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2015

Wow, thank you, what wonderfully kind words. We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us, and even more glad to hear that you will be back. It really is a beautiful part of the world we've found ourselves in, and we are very fortunate to be able to share it with guests like you. Thanks again, and see you soon.