D'Altons Resort
US$70
US$66
US$77
  • Pool
Kookaburra Motor Lodge(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$96
Agoda.com
Halls Gap Motel(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$74
Agoda.com
Mountain View Motor Inn & Holiday Lodge(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$77
  • Pool
Gariwerd Motel(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$88
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotels.com
All reviewsstudio cottageenjoying the viewyour doorstepself catering facilitieslovely settinglocated within walking distancewood burning stoveaustralian experiencesuited our needskangaroos grazingwatching the wildlifethe cottagesreception arealocal pubspa batha wonderful place to staycomfortable accommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2014

Myself and my family were exploring the resort, as we were considering to extend our stay at the beautiful Halls Gap for an extra two nights and D'alton's was set in our minds. While we were walking in the area my two autistic kids seen a play ground and went to play for 5 minutes. If your familiar with autism it's hard to instantly stop children from playing on something they really like without having a meltdown especially when you have a little baby that requires your care too, so that's the reason we let them play for a little and thought because there are no other people we are not invading anyone's space. Just when we decided to leave, saying to my autistic kids out loud and clear "one more time on the slide and then we have to go!" The owner had come out asking if we are staying at the resort, when I said "no" I can't believe how rude he was standing there watching us with so much anger in his face, I then explained I was considering on staying at his resort. He replied with "we don't want you here!". I tried as fastest to get my children off the playground, unfortunately because of all the rushing both my children had tantrums, but the owner could not care less instead continued to be rude. It's sad that there are people like this in the world that can only be nice to your face when you provide them with money. Myself and my wife are so glad we decided to explore the resort before booking it over the phone.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank Ashanti_2010
Reviewed 21 November 2014 via mobile

I arrived yesterday everything looked said; it was raining. But today the sun shines, what a difference it's beautiful here. Cabin is well aquipped you can light a fire (woodburner) there is bbq equipment outside there is a swimmingpool lots of kangaroos hopping around, free use laundry machines. If you prepare your own meals buy them not in town - prices are very high great place for hiking

Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed 14 November 2014

My wife and I stayed 2 nights in a Sudio Cottage and really enjoyed our stay. The owners were super friendly with a great sense of humour. The cottage was clean and equipped with a fridge, 2 burner stove, microwave, A/C/heat and TV. WiFi was available outside or inside reception. Kangaroos and deer were wandering through the open area in front of the cottages and it was great to sit on the deck with some wine or tea and enjoy the wildlife show. Halls Gap is short drive away and there are some good hikes in the mountains and some great viewpoints. A very scenic spot.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2014

We stayed in both a 2 bdrm cottage and then a couples cottage once our party decreased. The 2 bdrm cottage was good value and comfortable, even if a little 'tired' in side. The couples cottage had a lighter feel and was more modern feel. The bonus for us was the lovely open grounds and the wildlife at our doorstep...kangaroos, birds etc. The location is quiet, excellent for walking to restaurants, township and we went on several walks very close by as we had limited time. The owners were both very helpful and friendly. A great find. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2014

Lovely stay with my family during September. Kangaroos with joeys in their pouches right outside cabin window - big hit with the kids. Tennis court, playground. Mountain views. Cabins clean and functional. Great choice for families with young children.

Room Tip: Cabin 7 has great views of Grampians
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family