All reviewswithin walking distance to townclean roomsnight's sleepiron and ironing boardstay there againwine countrybed was comfortablelovely hostsswimming poollocal wineriesmariabrianmotelbootcorridoraccommodationchasing
Reviewed 14 January 2018

A recent stay at the RMI allowed my wife and I to enjoy the real world charms of this wonderful establishment. The staff made us feel very much at home and that nothing was a challenge for them, the room was very clean and the bed (my goodness) was the most comfortable I have slept on in some time. Well done - we will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and have 2 entries
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2017

As usual with our trips, we searched for accommodation online, and chose this motel. It was a great choice, on the main road, and walking distance to at least one winery.
The room was comfortable, with everything we needed, tea, coffee, etc., and the owners were friendly and helpful.
The cost was reasonable, and we had a nice breakfast brought to our room in the morning. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

The Rutherglen Motor Inn looks like nothing much as you enter from the road - it is a tYpical sixties string of rooms with a car park outside each room.
Big BUT!
Inside it was cheerful and welcoming. The host was a delight - chatty and helpful about restaurants for a late meal nearby.
Unusually for a motel it has an interior corridor which had a stove burning and big comfortable chairs, books and magazine racks. The rooms were basic but clean and large with crisply ironed sheets on the beds and touch lights - I hate hunting for switches in the dark.
The Pulse restaurant/brewery gave me a German sausage plate with mash and sauerkraut and a long pale glass of their own cider for $29 and it was delicious and exactly what I felt like.
Great location to explore the wineries of the area - and everything else in the region.
It was inexpensive and a terrific stopping point off the highway. I even got a great tip for cheaper fuel and he was spot on!
Highly recommended if anywhere near Rutherglen.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on a small business trip and the owners were super friendly and helpful. This place is great value for money and after a long drive up from Melbourne I was glad to get a nice quiet and relaxing stay. The bed is really comfy too!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Brian W, Owner at Rutherglen Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

We are so pleased you had a good night's sleep. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

We were greeted warmly at check in, shown to our room and immediately settled in. The room is spacious, has a/c, bar fridge, tea/coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board and a small sofa. There is also a swimming pool with towels provided. It is a little way out of town but that means it's quiet and easy to park but there are several wineries very close by.
We had a quality night's sleep and would highly recommend the Rutherglen Motor Inn.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple