Ways to Experience RCA Studio B
More Info
from US$65.95
More Info
3,341 results
All reviews country music hall of fame our tour guide roy orbison music history elvis recorded everly brothers elvis fans recording sessions great tour famous artists great artists chet atkins music row music fan come alive piano hits
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2021 via mobile

We went to the RCA Studio Tour first and Brenda was our wonderful guide. She told us a lot of history about the studio and was very informative. We really enjoyed it and then did our tour of the Country Music Hall of Fame. They were both worth the money to see.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 8 January 2021

I worked in this Awesome studio and it's is more then excellent! I would advise anyone to go there and take the tour. There's a lot of history there. When I was playing Tenor and Alto Saxophone in the Memphis Horns with trumpet player/band leader Wayne Jackson, he told me this is where he recorded the Horn tracks for the song "Suspicious Minds" with ELVIS! He said they already had the basic tracks down and he and Sax player Andrew Love were on one side of a Baffle playing the horn parts and ELVIS was on the other side laying down his vocal, Too Cool! He told me that was in 1979 if I remember correctly. I worked with Wayne in the early 2000s. johnheinrich dot com

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 3 January 2021

If you are a traditional country music fan, this is a must. The most storied recording studio in history.

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 23 December 2020 via mobile

Our tour guide Megan McMullen was awesome! Hands down she has to be one of the best guides we ever had anywhere. Take my advice and get there 10 minutes early. They wait for nobody and leave promptly on time. Studio B is where some of the biggest names in country music recorded their music...Elvis too. It's hair raising to have been in a room where they have recorded some of those recordings. They pick you up in a small bus at the country music hall of fame and drive to over and back. Megan points out things of interest on the way and gave a little insight to the upcoming tour. Thanks again.

Date of experience: December 2020
1  Thank fishjcc
Reviewed 14 December 2020 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are not country music fans, but Nashville being Music City where numerous country singers and songwriters were featured, we elected to see the Country Hall of Fame Museum and Studio B tour. Ron was actually the first person we encountered by the entrance.
He explained each of the services offered (Hatch, Studio B tour, and Museum only tour etc) well. He was so friendly and welcoming that we were pleased that he was also the tour guide for the Studio B tour. The tour was educational, fun, and despite not having any interest in country or any background with instruments and song recordings prior, we came out of the tour with delightful information regarding these musical geniuses and a snippet of how music was created in preparation for the world to hear. Amazing how these musicians were particular down to the last instrument and how each miniscule error had to be repaired. I personally did not even catch the errors when the music was played. Ron sparked that interest that even after the tour, we continued googling more information about these musicians. Covid safety precautions were followed and we were only limited to 9 participants. There was enough space to socially distance in both the bus and the studio.
The museum's exhibits were also hefty and pleasing to see. They had stickers to help guide people stay 6ft apart. We learned the evolution of country and we left there playing music of previously unknown musicians to us to "So this was the guy that song that song!" It was also great that we were allowed to go back to the museum after the tour because we did not expect that we would not finish all the exhibits in time for the scheduled tour. There were two floors worth! The combo of studio B tour and museum definitely showcased the creation of country music across the years!

1  Thank rcebr