“Not a good place for a family to stay”

Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City
Ranked #97 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I wish I could give this hotel a better review. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and and the breakfast was adequate. However, for a family traveling with daughters it was very disconcerting to drive up to this hotel in the neighborhood that it was in. It felt very unsafe. There is a hotel on the outer edges of its property that to say was sketchy is being nice. We pulled up at 9:30 and there were people hanging around outside the hotel that made us nervous. Once we were inside it seemed only slightly better. We didn't feel unsafe once we were locked into our room for the night but the next morning when we left at 6 am to take my husband and daughter to the airport there were 7 cop cars including an unmarked car lined up outside. My daughters said there had been an ambulance and paramedics there earlier. This just put the nail in the coffin for me on this hotel. For the $130 I paid for the night. I had hoped for a clean room with a safe place for my family to stay over while we took the family to the airport. If you are traveling alone without children and aren't concerned about these kinds of issues you will get a clean and comfortable room. But if you have a family and want to feel safe this is not the hotel for you.

Room Tip: not a hotel for family oriented travelers.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Sandra C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

My apologies that you felt so unsafe on our property. I been living here for 3 months and I can guarantee you it is very safe here. Yes some hotels in the area makes my property looks bad. But we should not me at fault for what others hotels look like.The issue with the ambulance earlier in the morning was there was a guest that had a heart attack once again we can't prevent natural causes that occur with someone health if paramedics are needed we must help our guest and have them come out things do happen and we don't have control of that.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I make it a point to almost always stay in a Red Roof they are almost always of the same quality and similar service. And this is one is no exception. The hotel was clean , adequately stocked and serviced. I had no issues with my stay. I will state however the hotel is currently undergoing renotations so be advised alterations and changes may occur. Some of the rooms still have carpet the one I had on 3rd floor were remodeled with the normal laminate style floor. Two queen beds 3 pillows each and a very good a.c. in my room. Vending machines and ice on 1st and 3rd floor. The pool was clean and the towel bin and rack outside was a great idea. The only problem I would state with the pool is it needs some shade or tables with umbrellas early to mid day it is right in the sun. The hotel is near several quick serve restraunts and a few gas stations as well as easy access to the high way. In closing remember if you are staying a red roof inn grade it for what it is. For what you pay it is a great value...and if I'd recommend it. If you are a nit picker and will complain at the drop of a hat and you must be pampered and waited on hand in foot then i.might suggest a more prestigious venue.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feed back and your comment.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. Breakfast was not bad. It was boiled eggs, cold cereal, yogurt, 3 different juices, bread, bagels, danishes and waffles. The lady behind the desk was very friendly. She said she had just been there for 5 days. She was from Michigan. The a\c started leaking. They fixed it promptly. Very good stay!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your feed back. :)

Reviewed 21 June 2017

This is an okay place but far from among the best. To begin with, check in went smoothly and I don't recall any undue delays or issues. Continuing on a positive note, they do have carts and an elevator which makes getting all your stuff up to the room in one trip an easier job if you have lots of stuff like we do. However, when we arrived reasonably early in the evening on a Wednesday (right before Memorial Day weekend of 2017), there were a bunch of beds in our hallway to our left and it made the place look unkempt. Also, as pointed out in a video on YouTube I will be posting very soon, there were some significant flaws in our room that I think are out of place at $116 per night. Mainly, there were significant chips on the bottoms of the two doors in our room and they just had a bad appearance. At $116 per night one shouldn't have to deal with flaws like that. There were also other flaws in the furniture. The TV, however, was decently sized, and a flat screen one and the reception was decent. Another significant flaw was the lack of a microwave. It did have a closet and a safe, but a microwave would probably have been more useful. They did have a coffee maker and hairdryer. The carpet seemed a bit worn. The bed was decent and some parts of the room were in good shape. It's simply that the flaws noted seemed pretty out of place at over $100 per night. So a decent place but considering everything, only rates 3 stars. I did like the lighting in the halls--seemed better than average. Also, the neighborhood around this place didn't look really safe to me. Another reason for only 3 stars. Don't recall anything outstanding about noise levels so that means it must have been reasonably quiet.

Room Tip: doesn't matter that much because have carts and elevator
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Yvonne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

My apologies regarding your resent stay. Not sure if you notice but the reason for the mattress being on the hall ways is that 4th floor and 2nd floor getting wood floor install. So it was a little messy. and we are working on the issues you mention. it just takes time since our occupancy is very high here. We been working very hard to maintain the property in good conditions. Once again my apologies.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

A large group of friends planned a two day trip to Nashville. We decided that we did not want to spend Big Bucks on a room. We booked at the Red Roof Inn at Music City. We checked in and all went well...then we took the elevator to our rooms and not so bad. We were able to use Uber for our to and from..which was not that expensive. We had a continental breakfast both days...not too bad. Overall tbe Red Roof Inn proved us we friendly staff,comfortable rooms, and a quick breakfast. I would say rooms do need updating
We enjoyed our stay and we had extra money was nice as well

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deb M

Thank you for taking the time on letting us know how we are doing. we are working on updating bathroom doors and light fixture.