“More work to be done”

Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City
Ranked #98 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 8 August 2017

It's a property that has had some improvements, but much more work needs to be done to get to average. The neighborhood offers fast food and gas stations. Other hotels at the interchange are lower budget than RR. The first room we were offered had a hole in the wall. Hotel was happy to move us to another room. The exterior of the building needs a through cleaning. The pool area was dirty from rain bringing dirt down the hill, and no one appeared to clean the pool area. Bfast was standard and average. The big savings was in the cost. Compared to other Nashville hotels, a person can save $70-$90. Many contractors stay at the property and it was quiet at night. If you are a particular traveler, don't stay at this hotel. Employees were friendly.

Room Tip: East side faces the interstate.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City

Reviewed 1 August 2017

No Wi-Fi above the 3rd floor. Rooms were worn. Holes in walls. Dirty marks on wall. Floors felt sticky. Room smelled vaguely of smoke. Not enough parking later in the evening due to construction equipment parked everywhere. With the exception of Jacks BBQ, only very poor quality fast food in the immediate area. At $169 per nite, I wouldn't consider this a bargain and not worth the price. Front desk staff was never at the front desk, and when they were you could tell they didn't really care.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I wish I could give this hotel a better review. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and and the breakfast was adequate. However, for a family traveling with daughters it was very disconcerting to drive up to this hotel in the neighborhood that it was in. It felt very unsafe. There is a hotel on the outer edges of its property that to say was sketchy is being nice. We pulled up at 9:30 and there were people hanging around outside the hotel that made us nervous. Once we were inside it seemed only slightly better. We didn't feel unsafe once we were locked into our room for the night but the next morning when we left at 6 am to take my husband and daughter to the airport there were 7 cop cars including an unmarked car lined up outside. My daughters said there had been an ambulance and paramedics there earlier. This just put the nail in the coffin for me on this hotel. For the $130 I paid for the night. I had hoped for a clean room with a safe place for my family to stay over while we took the family to the airport. If you are traveling alone without children and aren't concerned about these kinds of issues you will get a clean and comfortable room. But if you have a family and want to feel safe this is not the hotel for you.

Room Tip: not a hotel for family oriented travelers.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Sandra C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

My apologies that you felt so unsafe on our property. I been living here for 3 months and I can guarantee you it is very safe here. Yes some hotels in the area makes my property looks bad. But we should not me at fault for what others hotels look like.The issue with the ambulance earlier in the morning was there was a guest that had a heart attack once again we can't prevent natural causes that occur with someone health if paramedics are needed we must help our guest and have them come out things do happen and we don't have control of that.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I make it a point to almost always stay in a Red Roof they are almost always of the same quality and similar service. And this is one is no exception. The hotel was clean , adequately stocked and serviced. I had no issues with my stay. I will state however the hotel is currently undergoing renotations so be advised alterations and changes may occur. Some of the rooms still have carpet the one I had on 3rd floor were remodeled with the normal laminate style floor. Two queen beds 3 pillows each and a very good a.c. in my room. Vending machines and ice on 1st and 3rd floor. The pool was clean and the towel bin and rack outside was a great idea. The only problem I would state with the pool is it needs some shade or tables with umbrellas early to mid day it is right in the sun. The hotel is near several quick serve restraunts and a few gas stations as well as easy access to the high way. In closing remember if you are staying a red roof inn grade it for what it is. For what you pay it is a great value...and if I'd recommend it. If you are a nit picker and will complain at the drop of a hat and you must be pampered and waited on hand in foot then i.might suggest a more prestigious venue.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feed back and your comment.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. Breakfast was not bad. It was boiled eggs, cold cereal, yogurt, 3 different juices, bread, bagels, danishes and waffles. The lady behind the desk was very friendly. She said she had just been there for 5 days. She was from Michigan. The a\c started leaking. They fixed it promptly. Very good stay!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your feed back. :)