“Great food, service and atmosphere!”
Review of M Restaurant

M Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
M Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 2,151 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$20 - US$42
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located one block off Broadway, walking distance from Music City Center, and major hotels, this gem is quiet and easy to find. Valet parking is offered as well as free street parking and the restaurant also validates parking tickets. The food is creative and unsurpassed in flavor and presentation in the city. Winner of numerous awards M. should definitely be on your list of dining spots when in the great city of Nashville. See you there! The Strawn Family, Owners
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate here prior to a concert at Bridgestone. The food was excellent. We all ordered something different and everyone was very happy with their choice. I had salmon with risotto and the presentation and flavor was amazing. Our waiter was very helpful and made excellent suggestions. The apple fritter bread pudding was delightfully decadent.
Our meal was served in a timely matter and we had plenty of time to walk to Bridgestone for our concert. The ten dollar parking was also bonus.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had the kale salmon salad which was OK but pricey.
Service was poor, with the exception of the main server. In general inattentive. I had to wait even when clearly there were tables available. I was never asked or offered any bread, drink, dessert or coffee. Plain and overrated.

Jan S, Owner at M Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good morning,
While it is never out intention to disappoint a customer we seem to have disappointed you and for that I apologize...do you remember anything about your server that will help me to discuss with them how to improve. Any feed back would help...and are you local?
Please reach out to me when you have a chance...Jan Strawn, Owner

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have eaten at many of Nashville's restaurants and this one is definitely in the top 10, if not the top 5. The food was extremely good. The special that night was redfish with a maque choux and it was extraordinary. The salmon was very good also. The service was good and the waiter was very knowledgeable about the food. The dessert was fantastic - the bread pudding was typically southern and very good but the coconut cake was the absolutely the lightest cake I have every eaten. I think we are going back just for the coconut cake!! We went early around 5:30-6 pm and on a Sunday night and it was not crowded. A bit of a walk up the hill from the Bridgestone arena but well worth it. When the Marriott hotel opens this place will be extremely close.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Loved the food here - my two favourite dishes were the fried green tomatoes and the shrimp and grits - both southern specialties. Those are must tries when dining at M. Thank you to Christian for his recommendations and great service.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Incredible shrimp and grits. The andouille sausage added just the right kick. Service was great and my husband’s special of red snapper was very moist. Desserts were a disappointment. Chocolate creme brûlée was way too dense, more like a fudge and peach cobbler was obviously microwaved. Vanilla ice cream was seriously wonderful, however, on top of the microwaved peach cobbler. Would go again. And, read several comments on dress code. You can definitely wear casual; we went “business casual,” but the people next to us were far more casual and the waiters wore black jeans. So, no need to fuss.