“Fresh chicken, casual atmosphere, friendly staff”

Hattie B's Hot Chicken
Ranked #19 of 2,163 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Yes, you’ll wait in line but that is a sign that you’re at a popular place and most likely will serve you a good meal. Hattie B’s is a Nashville staple and served what I expected: fresh fried chicken soaked with hot sauce. I went with tenders over the bone in which to many is a sin, but I chose convenience for this visit. I chose ‘hot’ level sauce (feel the heat) and it was hot...and I liked it. Sides included pimento Mac n cheese (creamy with a subtle sweetness) and baked beans (cold but welcomed to cool down after the hot sauce) washed down with a refreshing Muchacho Pilsner. Give them a try, it will not disappoint. I’ll return next trip.

1  Thank elletrain
Write a ReviewReviews (3,130)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

It’s hot chicken, and it’s heaven. Do not fear if spice isn’t your thing because they have other menu items that aren’t hot, but it’s Nashville. Come on, at least try it! It is the most wonderful blend of yummy chicken and spice you will ever eat. Hattie Bs sets the bar. Others try and fail in comparison. The lines are long for a reason. Locals and tourists alike know what’s good. Well worth the wait in line even in summer. Get boneless or bone in. Get a choice of several sides. But get it! Hattie Bs is the best.

1  Thank leeannburrow
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I'm not a big fried food person but since we were in Nashville, we had to go. We were stying in downtown but were told by a local to go to one of the ones not right in town because the line would be shorter. Even with that, we waited about 1/2 an hour to get in. Also, there was room to accommodate a group of 7 easily once we had our food. Even though I'm not a big fried food person, the chicken was good and did not taste like fried chicken you get pretty much everywhere else. I also got the pimento mac and cheese and it was amazing along with the fries. Everyone in our group ordered something different and everything was a good size portion. We didn't leave hungry. I would say make this a stop in Nashville at least once to experience it.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

So we were going to eat here for a late lunch at 230 but the line was crazy long so we decided to try again at dinner. At dinner the line was still crazy long so we figured we better try it. We waited in the drizzle for about 30-40 minutes and it was definitely worth the wait! I had medium spiced chicken and it was delicious! Would definitely go back!

1  Thank Ashlee D
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Hattie B's did not disappoint. I got the 1/2 bird (medium spiciness) with mac & cheese and fries, and it hit the spot. The reviews do not lie, however. We waited about an hour in line on a Wednesday afternoon. You can order online and skip the line which seems to be a good idea. Would definitely eat here again.