“Authentic Mexican food and atmosphere”

Fogatas Mexican Restaurant Inc
Ranked #567 of 2,161 Restaurants in Nashville
Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

We are on holiday from Australia and really enjoyed our meal the atmosphere and music last Sunday when we went for lunch. Great service and we didn't have to wait very long even though we had a big group.

Reviewed 13 February 2015

A friend wanted to eat here this week and it was a nice surprise. Liked their chips and salsa; you can add things to your salsa. They also have a green sauce that is avocado-based, and it was almost better than the salsa! I ended up putting it on chips by itself, and it has just a little kick to it.

Our server girl was very attentive and they play Mexican music; good atmosphere. Give this one a try.

Reviewed 2 January 2015 via mobile

This place is absolutely awful! ! The food was cold and old when it came out , the meat looked like it has been there for months. Dirty seats and tables . On top of that these guys take forever to bring the food out . And the food still sucks. I would never recommend this place not even to my worst enemy . The lady in the front that you give the check and money to pay , one of the rudest I've ever seen . So many excuses for everything I asked no intention on wanting to make it right . The food and people suck. Drinks are lame as well there is nothing fresh or appetizing at this junk of a place never will I go back. When someone asks "Where can I go for some mexican food around here?" All I'm going to say is NOT .... las fogatas! !

Reviewed 17 November 2014 via mobile

Always great for breakfast or lunch everyrhong i sfresh and well prepared. Not your ordinary combination #3 type mexican speedy gonzales place. Service is always friendly. Fruit punch drinks are fresh at the bar and a local favorite. Tlachoyas is my favorite dish with grilled cactus and a bean quesadilla with a tomatillo pepper sauce and crumbled queso fresca. Taco are great as well. Prices are reasonable and atmosphere is fun and relaxing.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

DO NOT BE FOOLED by the nondescript facade (little more than large tinted windows as high as you can reach). Walk in, and the boisterous music and bright decoration greets you. If you are happy with Don Pablo's and think that is actually Mexican food, do not waste your time coming here. If you want fresh food, imaginatively prepared, and brought to you by friendly and accommodating staff, then get on down and give this place a try.

We were not in our seats ten mintues before the owner, Junior, introduced himself and started up a conversation about what they do and how they do it, and how he tries to be different from the "pack". Turns out his menu is quite the departure from "shopping mall Mexican". He claims everything is prepared fresh on-site, and from what I tasted, I do not doubt it. The menu supposedly reflects Northern, Central and Southern Mexican menu items. I'm no expert, and can't vouch for all that, but to call the menu interesting is quite the understatement.

I had a Cuban sandwich that sounded interesting just from the ingredients; the thing was over a foot long, and I took half of it home. We got an order of home-made corn tortillas before the meal; definitely tasted as if they had just come off the griddle. Brought us mango water and pineapple water, freshly squeezed ! My wife had a combo plate that also came home for another meal. Junior also brought us out two appetizers prepared in tortillas - one with squash blossoms, the other with some sort of fungus or mushroom-type plant that grows on corn (my Spanish sucks, so I cannot tell you either name, but they were both absolutely delicious).

The entire restaurant seemed to be filled with families, not counting the few guys watching futbol on TV. Junior claims many of his clients eat there multiple times a week, some more than once daily. He obviously took pride in operating a place where families feel welcome.

We happened into this restaurant off another Website's recommendation. The recommendations there were almost uniformly stellar. I cannot say too much about a family restaurant where the owner clearly cares about his product, and cares that his customers are getting quality for their money. I will happily drive the 35 minutes to Fogata's and bypass many pretenders, for a meal prepared by Junior and his brother. He said he has been open four years, and as long as he keeps doing things like he is doing them now, he will be open for many, many more.