“awesome Nashville BBQ!”

Ranked #8 of 220 Quick Bites in Nashville
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Peg Leg Porker is a 100% family owned and operated BBQ restaurant in Nashville, TN. We specialize in "Real Tennessee BBQ" which is pork and chicken. Our specialty is Memphis Style Dry Ribs and ours have been named the Best in the US by Eater National.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

Stopped in on a cross country trip for dinner. The menu is classic Barbeque done really well. I had the ribs and pulled pork. Meat is well smoked, good smoke ring and dry rub was how I like it. The bbq sauce they make is good and pairs very well with their smoked meat and dry rub. Already a new favorite!

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank bill f
Write a reviewReviews (1,632)

Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

Known for their dry rub bbq. The ribs are “fall of the bone” soft but smoked enough that the meat is not messy. The rub flavors are robust and the smokey meat doesn’t get lost to the rub.

I will recommend the dry rub chicken wings. Tasty and tender.

Only drawback is that it is “dry”. Make sure you get a side of sauce depending on your palate; bbq or hot. The sauces add to the experience and btw the hot is not hot at all.

Even though it wasn’t mind blowing, for some reason it’ll draw me back for another go

Date of visit: December 2020
2  Thank WhatBucketList
Reviewed 11 December 2020 via mobile

I can’t believe we ate at the same place I read so many reviews for !! My god was this bad.

From the counter where we ordered, the person there had such an awful attitude to the atmosphere, uncaring staff, but worst of all the food. My husband’s pork sandwich was covered in cole slaw. Might be a good idea to put that on the menu board or at least tell the customer. Oh wait, you would have to care to do that. Fries were cold and limp, mediocre ribs, the pork sandwich ruined with the cole slaw. just not good !!! The interior is shabby and rundown. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Martin’s and Edley is much better.

We will NEVER return. There is nothing to like about this dreadful place.

Date of visit: December 2020
4  Thank Patty B
Carey B, Owner at Peg Leg Porker, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2021

Our place is far from run down, our food has always scored a 4.5 star or better for 8 years. Our health rating is a 98 and 100. We do have a sign that says all sandwiches come with slaw, you just didn't look. If a member of my staff was rude, I apologize and you can always ask for a manager. We have a sign for that too. Perhaps you can't see.

In case you haven't seen, our industry has had to endure the biggest crisis since it's inception. To get online and trash a place without asking for help at the restaurant is pretty terrible. You sound like a horrible human being. I give you a one star. We are glad you won't be back. My team, frankly, deserves better than to have to deal with horrible people like you.

Reviewed 10 November 2020 via mobile

Our tour guide told us this is a Nashville favorite and there’s always a long line so we planned it well. Took an Uber from our honky tonk area hotel at 10:45am to get there at 11am on a Monday morning. There was a short line already - but it moved really quick and service was truly efficient.

We ordered full rack ribs with 2 sides($23.95): coleslaw + potato salad. Also ordered pimiento cheese ($6.95) with crackers and $4 banana pudding. My husband and I are not used to dry rub BBQ’s but we truly enjoyed this lunch - meat was moist, tasty and tender. The sides were a good size and complemented the BBQ. The banana pudding did not disappoint and a perfect end to a lovely meal. We took the pimiento to go and enjoyed it on our drive to Memphis.

I have to thank our tour guide for this great recommendation! Shout out to the older gentleman busser in the patio who kept trays and tables clean and clear for a fast-turnover for customers. Very friendly and we enjoyed our short chat with him.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank OC_M_Lu
Reviewed 8 November 2020 via mobile

I need to try other meats, but the ribs call my name every time. Enough said.
I want to talk about the sides. Green beans sound like cafeteria food, but their smoked green beans are in a whole class. Smoked, I don't know how, but I don't need to know.
The Mac n Cheese is like green beans, not food you fight over. This version is made with shells, which work like smooth cheese boats of love in your mouth. I wanted to lick the cup/bowl but my wife beat me to it.

Date of visit: November 2020