“Wonderful place”

Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Indian, British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Nashville
Description: Spice it up at Chauhan! Devoted to creating a unique dining experience in Nashville’s bustling food scene, Chauhan Ale & Masala House is the highly lauded Indian restaurant from celebrity chef and TV personality Maneet Chauhan. Her Indian roots, zest for travel and affection for Southern cuisine have beautifully collided at Chauhan to offer a menu featuring globally-influenced Indian cuisine that highlights aspects of the culinary scene in India as well as Nashville, perfectly combining Indian fare with traditional Southern dishes. For locals, put Chauhan in your restaurant rotation. For tourists, no trip is complete without a visit to Chauhan. We also have the perfect spot for hosting group events in our private dining room. From business lunches and corporate dinners to family gatherings and birthday celebrations, we have you covered!
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I went with a group of friends not really knowing what to expect. This was wonderful. From the initial cocktail through the appetizers to the main course, wonderful. I will definitely come here again. Think eclectic Indian and this is the place you want to be.

Date of visit: March 2017
Ardutta, General Manager at Chauhan Ale and Masala House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Phillip P,

Greetings from Chauhan Ale & Masala House

Thank you for dining with us at Chauhan Ale & Masala House, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience and loved the food here. Our food style is the brainchild of Chef Maneet and her love for food and indian food shows in the fusion here at Chauhan. I'd like to thank you on behalf of Chef Maneet and the entire team here on the 5 star review you gave us and we look forward to you returning here soon in the near future

Please feel free to reach out to me directly via email or phone; anand@chauhannashville.com or 6154001863 when you plan on returning the next time if I can do anything to make your next visit even more memorable.

Nashville. TN. 37203

Write a reviewReviews (575)

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Maneet's food and menu is authentic, playful, reasonably priced (especially for an international celebrity chef), and off the charts delicious! Innovative drink menu--and you really should try the Garam Masala beer!

Date of visit: April 2017

Dear Emily F,

Greetings from Chauhan Ale & Masala House

Thank you for dining with us at Chauhan Ale & Masala House, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience and loved the food here. ]Thank you for the complments and raving review, we are flattered. I'd like to thank you on behalf of Chef Maneet and the entire team here on the 5 star review you gave us and we look forward to you returning here soon in the near future

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Being a Brit I miss Indian food when I travel so if I can find a good Indian restaurant on my travels, I always head for it!

We were recommended to Chauhan by a local we met on the first night in Nashville. So on our last night we decided to finish with an Indian meal.

Now being Brits I have to say this was not the typical Indian food we are used to. However, we did enjoy our meal. Appetizers were somewhat lacking in typical Indian flair for me so we opted for popadoms and chutney. But no sweet mango chutney which is normally a standard for us.

We opted for the 'protein' and 'sauce' selection as we were not too sure on some of the other entrees. Chicken Tikka Marsala and a veggie Marsala. Both were very tasty!

Wine and cocktails were great and our server was delightful....pleasant, funny, engaging yet professional.

The ambiance is delightful and I think it is a great space. We were also greeted and asked how everything was by an Indian gentleman (not sure if he was the owner or manager) but it was a nice touch.

All-in-all I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here. Hubby was a tad disappointed not to find staid Indian selections he is used to. We did miss not seeing a traditional pakora, onion Bhaji or shish kebab but if we visit Nashville again I would be sure to visit again and sample some other dishes!

Having visited a few choice restaurants on our visit to Nashville, I personally think this is a great new addition to what is a lively and happening city.

Greetings from Chauhan Ale & Masala House

Thank you for dining with us at Chauhan Ale & Masala House, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience and loved the food here. Our food style is the brainchild of Chef Maneet and her love for food and indian food shows in the fusion here at Chauhan. We are known to be fusion restaurant and we're always adding new dishes to the menu and hope we can include some of the items you suggested in our next revisions. I'd like to thank you on behalf of Chef Maneet and the entire team here on the 5 star review you gave us and we look forward to you returning here soon in the near future

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We went for Sunday brunch and the food was amazing, the service was impeccable and the atmosphere very nice. Highly recommend!!!!

Greetings from Chauhan Ale & Masala House

Thank you for dining with us at Chauhan Ale & Masala House, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience and loved the food here. Our Sunday brunch is my favorite an our food style is the brainchild of Chef Maneet and her love for food and indian food shows in the fusion here at Chauhan. I'd like to thank you on behalf of Chef Maneet and the entire team here on the 5 star review you gave us and we look forward to you returning here soon in the near future

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

If you you like Indian food this place is a must! Our server Devon was fantastic! The drinks are inventive and the food was so delicious. The venue is pretty cool too! Definitely a must for dinner!

Greetings from Chauhan Ale & Masala House

Thank you for dining with us at Chauhan Ale & Masala House, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience and loved the food here. We value you taking the time in leaving us a review and mostly in recognizing Devon by name, this helps me recognize her efforts with the team and management. I'd like to thank you on behalf of Chef Maneet and the entire team here on the 5 star review you gave us and we look forward to you returning here soon in the near future