“We loved this place”

Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Indian, British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Nashville
Description: Spice it up at Chauhan! Devoted to creating a unique dining experience in Nashville’s bustling food scene, Chauhan Ale & Masala House is the highly lauded Indian restaurant from celebrity chef and TV personality Maneet Chauhan. Her Indian roots, zest for travel and affection for Southern cuisine have beautifully collided at Chauhan to offer a menu featuring globally-influenced Indian cuisine that highlights aspects of the culinary scene in India as well as Nashville, perfectly combining Indian fare with traditional Southern dishes. For locals, put Chauhan in your restaurant rotation. For tourists, no trip is complete without a visit to Chauhan. We also have the perfect spot for hosting group events in our private dining room. From business lunches and corporate dinners to family gatherings and birthday celebrations, we have you covered!
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

After a friends recommendation, we went for dinner!! The music and vibe are great and everyone was so helpful, friendly and willing to accommodate my dietary restrictions. We started with the lamb chops and house salad! Oh my, both were amazing!!! I had the seafood dish and my husband the chicken vindaloo! Cannot wait to go back! Highly recommend!

Date of visit: May 2017
Ardutta, General Manager at Chauhan Ale and Masala House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Greetings from Chauhan Ale & Masala House

Thank you for dining with us at Chauhan Ale & Masala House, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience and loved the food here. We are most pleased we were able to accommodate your allergies and we try out best to accommodate all requests and it truly makes us happy to take care of your guests needs. It is 5 star reviews such as yours that makes it worth while coming to work. I must say we enjoy the ambiance ourselves and we're always working to improve it and it shows in our recently opened concepts next door

Please feel free to reach out to me directly via email or phone; anand@chauhannashville.com or 6154001863 when you plan on returning the next time if I can do anything to make your next visit even more memorable.

Nashville. TN. 37203

Write a reviewReviews (572)

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

With my allergies it is always hit and miss to see if a restaurant can even make me anything. Not only did they rise to the task, they excelled, they invented something just to work around my issues... and it was amazing.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Granted, I haven't had many, but the closest to what we're used to in the U.K. Friendly and attentive staff, good choice but not excessive, quick and well cooked. Great atmosphere and buzz inside too. Would highly recommend

Greetings from Chauhan Ale & Masala House

Thank you for dining with us at Chauhan Ale & Masala House, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience and loved the food here. Our food style is the brainchild of Chef Maneet and her love for food and indian food shows in the fusion here at Chauhan. I'd like to thank you on behalf of Chef Maneet and the entire team here on the 5 star review you gave us and we look forward to you returning here soon in the near future

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The food tastes good. I have visited it twice. People are very helpful. The food is quite pricey, $20 for lunch, including a moderate tip. I like the ambience, just think it is too expensive for what you get.

Date of visit: April 2017

Greetings from Chauhan Ale & Masala House

I'd like to begin with thanking you for visiting Chauhan Ale & Masala House a week ago and also in taking the time to leave us a review. I am reaching out to you on behalf of the entire team here at the restaurant, my name is Anand Dutta and I am the General Manager here.

On reading your review I wanted to reach out to you personally and invite you back as I don't feel you received the experience we strive to give our guest and perhaps this was an isolated incident but nevertheless I would like to connect with you to use this as a learning and training opportunity

Please feel free to reach out to me directly via email or phone; anand@chauhannashville.com or 6154001863. I am confident given the opportunity, the team and I will be able to turn the previous experience around to a memorable one

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I've been to Chauhan twice. Both times were delicious. We are vegetarians and were happy to find the provided a separate vegetarian menu. Most Indian restaurants are good, but this place is excellent. The first time we paid over 100 for two, but were surprised to see our bill come in much lower the second time. The menu rotates, but if you have the chance to order the biryani, I highly recommend it. The service was good both times.

Date of visit: January 2017

Greetings from Chauhan Ale & Masala House

Thank you for dining with us at Chauhan Ale & Masala House, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience and loved the food here. I am glad you seemed pleased with a lower check than the last time you dined with us. Our dinner portions can easily feed 2 but then again all the dishes are so good that people tend to order more just so they can experience it all. I'd like to thank you on behalf of Chef Maneet and the entire team here on the 5 star review you gave us and we look forward to you returning here soon in the near future