“Great stay! Some minor issues.”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Had a good stay. Room was very clean, well decorated. Choice of breakfast foods was a big plus. Had a few issues though. The complimentary wireless internet would not work a lot of the time. It was either slow or you simply could not connect to the wireless network despite having a strong signal. I believe it was overloaded. If you wait until after 8 to go down for the free continental breakfast, you will not be able to find a place to sit. I was also disappointed in the availability of exercise equipment in the fitness room. Only one treadmill and two stair machines. There is plenty of room for more equipment. I guess they are too cheap to purchase anymore. Other than those few things I had a great stay and I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 December 2011

We have visited this area for over 20 years and this location is one of the best. The property is set away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to be where you need to be in a 15 minute walk or 5 minute drive. The rooms are up to date and spacious. Check in was smooth and quick. Breakfast was suitable but VERY crowded while we were there and they ran out of food quickly as families took it as soon as they set it out. They did replenish and were doing the best job they could. The tables were crowded and it was hard to find a place to sit and eat. We plan to stay here again and were quite pleased with our experience. The management/staff is pleasant and helpful too.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We are part of an organization that holds an annual conference here each year and this place takes such good care of us. If you look at it from just a hotel standpoint it is still great. The rooms are very plush and nice. The breakfast is superb; waffles, sausage, biscuits, as well as the other typical hotel fare. The staff are all helpful and nice and the hotel set off the main drag so it feels alittle more private. You are right smack dab in the middle of town but just a 1/4 off the highway make a huge difference. Yes you will pay more here than some other hotels that will flash 30-40 a night signs, but do you really want to stay in a place that gets people in and out so fast they can charge such cheap rates. Hum, sometimes cleanliness and sanitary conditions have to be considered. i would rather pay a little more here and know that I have fresh crips linens and a bathroom that looks spotless than a place that I would not want to use a blacklight in. Just my opinion but ultimately its up to you lol.

Room Tip: I have stayed here twice, I usually just go with whatever room they put me in. I think they have no...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jhw349
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Very nice. Staff was pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and will go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Three longtime friends and I stayed at MainStay Suites on the nights of Oct. 10th - 12th and were very happy with our accomodations. We liked the fact that the hotel was a couple of blocks off the busy main street of Pigeon Forge and the setting was lovely and peaceful. Having called ahead to request two rooms with balconies, we were happy with our beautiful view overlooking the mountain stream which was complete with ducks and colorful autumn leaves drifting down. We certainly preferred that view to some of the rooms that overlook the parking lot and pool area. Our rooms were on the fourth room and very nicely laid out with two queen beds, a full bathroom, a comfortable sitting area with a couch and TV, a complete kitchen (with a bar/table, microwave, dishwasher, stove, toaster, refrigerator, and the basic utensils, bowls, plates, etc.) I enjoyed getting my breakfast downstairs and taking it back to the room. I toasted my bread in the room and enjoyed the food on the "good dishes". There is a computer in the breakfast area for guests to check email. We didn't use the pools, but there are both indoor and outdoor pools. The hotel staff was helpful and we had no complaints with the service. When we return to Pirgeon Forge we'll likely stay here again. The price was lower than the places on the main stretch and the quality was above our expectations.

Room Tip: I'd recommend rooms on the third or fourth floor with balconies facing the mountain stream.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends