I have stayed here a number of times and really love this hotel! It's a couple of blocks off the parkway, which means it's in a very quiet area but yet still close to everything. There's a beautiful creek area in front of the property and a large pool area in back. They have a kiddie pool, a large regular pool, and a small lazy river. There's also a nice covered patio area for outdoor meetings, reunions, etc. The hotel also has a large indoor pool and a hot tub.
The rooms are very nice with a separate sitting area with a sofa, and there is a kitchen with everything except an oven. There's a sink, full-sized refrigerator, stove top, microwave, and dishwasher. There's a snack bar type of table which divides the kitchen area from the sitting area. The queen beds are large (I've stayed in some hotels where the "queen" seems more like a double) and very comfortable. The mattresses are rather firm but are not hard; I think they are great. I cannot comment on the pillows because I always bring my own. Most rooms also have a balcony which overlooks either the pool in the back or the parking lot and creek in the front. The bathroom is a decent size - with the sink INSIDE the bathroom where it belongs - and you have plenty of room to turn around while getting dressed.
The breakfast is pretty decent. They had sausage, biscuits, gravy, make-your-own-waffle, boiled eggs (if I remember correctly), fruit, oatmeal, cereal, and a few other things. It may not taste like homemade, but it was still pretty good and filling. The staff was good about bringing more food out when things were getting low. They keep bringing food out right until the end of the breakfast time, so there is still plenty for late-comers to eat.
My church denomination has selected this hotel for all their Tennessee state conferences. I have been there for a couple of our retreats and was impressed with the conference area. We filled up virtually the entire hotel, so breakfast was crowded; but the hotel opened up a meeting room just down the hall for an overflow breakfast seating area. There was plenty of food for everyone, and plenty of seating in the overflow area.
The only reason I could not give this hotel 5 stars is that, even though the room itself is large, there is not a lot of space to put up your stuff. The dresser and the closet are just a bit small for two women sharing a room, and we had to get a little creative to find places to store some of our luggage. It works out ok, though, and it's not a big deal because we love everything else about the hotel. Also, the WiFi works pretty good; however, this year I had trouble with the old laptop I use for travel and could never get it connected to the network. It must be something in the network settings which is incompatible with my hardware. I also had a tablet with me on this trip, and it worked great. There is also a computer available to use in the lobby, although I noticed they need to run some updates on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mainstay Suites an ALL-SUITE hotel located in Pigeon Forge. Indoor/outdoor pools, full breakfast. Located near the new LeConte Center, Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, The all new Island, WonderWorks and Titanic Museum. We also have a convention center for up tp 350 guest with meeting room space available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your MainStay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mainstay Suites Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Mainstay Suites
- Mainstay Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Mainstay Pigeon Forge
- Mainstay Suite Pigeon Forge