See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Good place to stay if you want to be near DollyWood. The price was very good so we knew it would not be a 9 or 10 hotel. The food was a 10 in the mornings but the rooms are not real big and in need of some small fixing up..For the money I would stay there again. Was about 40 dollars less a night the most of the rest.

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

First the Good - very good location, close to restaurants and fast food within walking distance. It's one block off the strip, so easily accessible and quiet. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The refrigerator cooled very well and freezer worked. They carried several tv channels including news/weather. The Bad - when we arrived there was trash in the grassy area of the front parking area, When we left 3 days later - it was still there. The gentleman who checked us in was friendly and polite. None of the women during the next 3 days bothered to even smile or greet. Very unfriendly environment. The room appeared clean, however there was dust/dirt in the corners of the bathroom that required more than just a quick mop - serious cleaning needed. It was the tiniest bathroom I've ever seen - about the size of a small walk in closet - the sink was on the outside of the bathroom. There was no cover on the air condition at all - it did cool well, however. The bathroom door was literally falling apart. the 'plywood' on both sides was coming off (actually 'flapping' as it was opened and closed) and the hinges were just hanging on. The room, itself, was clean. "Mountain View" rooms? Well our room on the first floor, faced a dirt hill on the back side with a view of a few trees and undergrowth. It was about 5 feet from the window and completely blocked any sunlight. We did see a couple of squirrels. There was no lighting on that side and dead dark at night. The breakfast area was small for the number of people it needed to accommodate. You were not "allowed" to take food from the area back to your room - I guess this is how they avoid having to supply too much food - people give up and walk to McDonald's or go to a pancake house, like we did. There is a pool that we didn't use, but saw people swimming at night, even in 60 degree weather. So - it's true - you get what you pay for. Honestly I wasn't 'disappointed' because I knew it was a budget hotel and didn't expect too much. If you want better - you need to pay more and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front or side - you don't want to face the dirt hill in the back
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 155patriciab
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Mold on doors, fire alarms on 2nd and 3rd floor didn’t go off, dirty in common areas, very small room, and the fitted sheet was put on sideways and wouldn’t stay on so I had to get up in the middle of the night and remake the bed.

The second morning, the breakfast preparer burned the biscuits very badly. The fire alarms and strobe lights on the 1st floor went off but not on the 2nd and 3 floors, even though there was smoke in the hallways. My husband was on his way out to the car and didn’t know anything until he got to the 1st floor with the alarms, fire engine and police. I called the fire department inspector and he said they inspected it when the system was put in and didn’t seem to be concerned that they don’t work now.

I am allergic to mold and I got very sick right away. There was mold in the air conditioner and on the door to the adjoining room. We cleaned it so I could stay there. I, along with several other guests reported it to the health department. Mold is not critical to them but the other dirty conditions had them reinspected and given a notice.

You can see the mold in these photos.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I was hesitant to book here because of several bad reviews but I had a great Groupon deal and it was a good location. For $45 a night it was a great deal - king bed room was small but it was clean with a mini fridge and a nice window seat in the room. Room was quiet - no loud neighbors keeping us up. Do yourself a favor though, skip the free breakfast and go somewhere to eat.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Not bad if all you are looking for is a place to sleep. Room was small but the bed was surprisingly comfortable. Nice staff. Air conditioner worked well. Clean. Just an older place. Furniture is older.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple