“Historical, Educational and Fun”
Review of Taking Better Photos Tours - CLOSED

Taking Better Photos Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Taking Better Photos" is a Smoky Mountain tour company specializing in historical tours in the National Park. We also partner with Gatlinburg Walking Tours Food tour to offer two unique experiences. At each stop on the photo tours, in addition to learning some of our local history from an experienced tour guide and story teller, we practice different settings and tips to improve your photography skills. Seeing the National Park through your camera lens, be it a camera, smart phone, or tablet, is a unique way to experience the park that very few people have the opportunity to do. For more information on the food tours, please see the page for Gatlinburg Walking Tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 July 2015

I really enjoyed this tour with Jim. The class started at Corinos restaurant and was very informative. Then we had lunch and it was delicious. Tremendous portions. Then we went on the tour and Jim is very knowledgeable about the area. I learned so much about taking pictures and using a camera. The other people on the tour were fun and we all had a great time. I would definitely do it again. I want to go in the winter when I come back. The lunch was excellent and the tour was well worth it. Enjoyed the day very much.....

3  Thank Cathy R

Reviewed 28 June 2015

Some of my family members and I took this class while in Pigeon Forge for a family reunion and it was well worth the time! I learned many simple "tricks" for taking better pictures with my phone, and also learned a lot of interesting history of the area. The fact that it included lunch (which was delicious!) is a bonus. Jim is a fantastic teacher, making things fun and interesting. He is truly passionate about what he does. It was wonderful to get outside and enjoy the natural attractions of the area. I would recommend this tour to anyone wanting to learn more about photography and history.

3  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed 22 June 2015

Jim was great. This is an excellent small group setting. When we mentioned this to our 13 and 11 year old sons, they rolled their eyes. However, after the tour, they commented how much fun they had. Since we home school, we went ahead and bought all of the DVD's pertaining to photography. We also decided to buy an early Christmas present of a new camera. His class was very basic and easy to follow. The lunch at Carino's was phenomenal. The tour was educational and full of history you would not know about otherwise. Great half day activity!!

3  Thank Cody Debbi S
Reviewed 22 June 2015

Jim did an excellent job presenting the basics of picture taking and camera features. He was entertaining in his presentation with great use of visuals. The lunch was very good and the tour was great as we put to use the techniques he had shown us. Overall I would say it was one of the best things we did while on vacation and well worth the time and money. Highly recommend!

3  Thank 2mdoves
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 June 2015

My husband sought out a fun outing to do together on our family vacation and found it here! We enjoyed learning more about our camera and how to take better photos in this great basic class. We loved Jim's humor and ability to teach in a way that met anyone and everyone's needs. Make sure you plan ahead so that you know when he is available to take you on a tour, for this great opportunity is not offered daily. Also bring all of your gadgets along so he can show you how they work in ways you may not realize! We had a wonderful time and recommend to people of all ages to take advantage of this great class and tour. You will not be disappointed. Not only that, but the meal at the restaurant also met our gluten free needs. This was a wonderful experience. Thank you Jim!!!

3  Thank Cara C