Taking Better Photos Tours - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Great tours and instructions

My uncle and I took the tour and class through the Wyndham resort. Jim Eastin is knowledgeable and... read more

Reviewed 27 May 2016
Phil H
Idaho Falls, Idaho
via mobile
fun day

very educational and fun. If you want to learn about the area, take a great driving tour thru the... read more

Reviewed 12 November 2015
Dick F

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2015

Colleen was a wonderful, enthusiastic & knowledgeable instructor! I was most impressed with how she broke down complex areas of photography into easy-to-digest nuggets that we were able to use immediately. It was a "beginner" style class, but there was lots of valuable information! They offer other classes too, & DVDs & tours. These were offered (but NOT pushed as a hard sell) at the end of class. I will definitely look to time my next trip to coincide with a class & tour!

Date of experience: July 2015
3  Thank Debora S
Reviewed 1 July 2015

I really enjoyed this tour with Jim. The class started at Corinos restaurant and was very informative. Then we had lunch and it was delicious. Tremendous portions. Then we went on the tour and Jim is very knowledgeable about the area. I learned so much about taking pictures and using a camera. The other people on the tour were fun and we all had a great time. I would definitely do it again. I want to go in the winter when I come back. The lunch was excellent and the tour was well worth it. Enjoyed the day very much.....

3  Thank ctrynlds
Reviewed 28 June 2015

Some of my family members and I took this class while in Pigeon Forge for a family reunion and it was well worth the time! I learned many simple "tricks" for taking better pictures with my phone, and also learned a lot of interesting history of the area. The fact that it included lunch (which was delicious!) is a bonus. Jim is a fantastic teacher, making things fun and interesting. He is truly passionate about what he does. It was wonderful to get outside and enjoy the natural attractions of the area. I would recommend this tour to anyone wanting to learn more about photography and history.

3  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed 22 June 2015

Jim was great. This is an excellent small group setting. When we mentioned this to our 13 and 11 year old sons, they rolled their eyes. However, after the tour, they commented how much fun they had. Since we home school, we went ahead and bought all of the DVD's pertaining to photography. We also decided to buy an early Christmas present of a new camera. His class was very basic and easy to follow. The lunch at Carino's was phenomenal. The tour was educational and full of history you would not know about otherwise. Great half day activity!!

3  Thank Cody Debbi S
Reviewed 22 June 2015

Jim did an excellent job presenting the basics of picture taking and camera features. He was entertaining in his presentation with great use of visuals. The lunch was very good and the tour was great as we put to use the techniques he had shown us. Overall I would say it was one of the best things we did while on vacation and well worth the time and money. Highly recommend!

3  Thank 2mdoves