“Great Experience! Highly recommend!!”
Review of Taking Better Photos Tours - CLOSED

Taking Better Photos Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Taking Better Photos" is a Smoky Mountain tour company specializing in historical tours in the National Park. We also partner with Gatlinburg Walking Tours Food tour to offer two unique experiences. At each stop on the photo tours, in addition to learning some of our local history from an experienced tour guide and story teller, we practice different settings and tips to improve your photography skills. Seeing the National Park through your camera lens, be it a camera, smart phone, or tablet, is a unique way to experience the park that very few people have the opportunity to do. For more information on the food tours, please see the page for Gatlinburg Walking Tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 July 2015

This is the second time we have joined Jim on the Taking Better Photos Tours, and enjoyed every moment. We did learn a bit more this time than last about taking better photos, and were pleased as to how much we recalled from the previous year's class. The tours that Jim takes us on are wonderful...we get to experience some places that aren't the usual tourist stops, and Jim is very knowledgeable about the area,which makes the tour that much more enjoyable. The CD that accompanies the tour has turn by turn directions, so if we want to come back to the area and do the tour again, it is easy to follow along. I highly recommend this to anyone, whether you are an avid photographer or an occasional one.

2  Thank Barbara R

Reviewed 13 July 2015

I really enjoyed this class with Jim. He did about a hour worth of teaching, and he broke it down so everyone would understand. We then ate lunch at Corinos. Afterwards, we went on a photography tour. He took us into the Smokies. We went to several beautiful places for photos. Plus, he gave us a history lesson as well. Amazing guy and great job.

4  Thank Anthony H
Reviewed 10 July 2015

Colleen was a wonderful, enthusiastic & knowledgeable instructor! I was most impressed with how she broke down complex areas of photography into easy-to-digest nuggets that we were able to use immediately. It was a "beginner" style class, but there was lots of valuable information! They offer other classes too, & DVDs & tours. These were offered (but NOT pushed as a hard sell) at the end of class. I will definitely look to time my next trip to coincide with a class & tour!

3  Thank Debora S
Reviewed 1 July 2015

I really enjoyed this tour with Jim. The class started at Corinos restaurant and was very informative. Then we had lunch and it was delicious. Tremendous portions. Then we went on the tour and Jim is very knowledgeable about the area. I learned so much about taking pictures and using a camera. The other people on the tour were fun and we all had a great time. I would definitely do it again. I want to go in the winter when I come back. The lunch was excellent and the tour was well worth it. Enjoyed the day very much.....

3  Thank Cathy R
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2015

Some of my family members and I took this class while in Pigeon Forge for a family reunion and it was well worth the time! I learned many simple "tricks" for taking better pictures with my phone, and also learned a lot of interesting history of the area. The fact that it included lunch (which was delicious!) is a bonus. Jim is a fantastic teacher, making things fun and interesting. He is truly passionate about what he does. It was wonderful to get outside and enjoy the natural attractions of the area. I would recommend this tour to anyone wanting to learn more about photography and history.

3  Thank Elizabeth C